[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach of the year bet

Dcat

55 minutes ago, darin3 said:

PBR preferred.  Bonus points if you leave a shot of whiskey too.  :brew: 

PBR is right up there with Rheingold and Schlitz. Three piss water beers I remember from childhood commercials.

🤮

Only Guiness will suffice...poured slowly from the tap. Nothing better.

Edited by Running With Daboll

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's some cheap ass Whiskey if you're shooting it. Get yourself a nice bottle of Jimmy Red and make love to it like a Man would. 

Jameson's for me, but I don't touch the hard stuff anymore.  Nowadays it's just an occasional edible to help me sleep. :sleep:

32 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Def is a Malorts guy. :sick:

Bring him a Three Floyds...he will be happy.

:unsure: 

I don't know what that is...seriously. 

Drink a lot of Pipeworks, Cigar City, Revolution, Alter, and Wild Onion for social drinking now a days.  Enjoy a porter or bourbon stout once in a while when at home. 

Type I diabetic so no fruity/mixed drinks or wine for me.  Just beer and the occasional shot at special events.  

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I like a good neat Bourbon every now and then. No cheap crap though. 

You're from Pennsylvania, at least originally. Back in high school we all drank Rolling Rock. Cheap and tasty, especially ice cold. Occasionally we'd spring for a beer whose name escapes me (Grolsch?), it had a re-closeable latch cap on it that we thought was cool. 

27 minutes ago, Def. said:

First beer at 10 (I think) was some cheap beer called Naked Beer.  Former step dad would get them because of course, they had naked ladies on them.  Different times.

Meister Brau bock - Not sure my old man cared for expensive beer. 

eta: Revolution is solid. 

Edited by gilthorp
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's funny you say that. I always viewed Rolling Rock as one of the better, cheaper beers, and I do love me some PBR, bottles only. 

Rolling Rock Extra Pale, the "Pride of Latrobe". Loved it, not around anymore.

Only thing I liked about Pabst was the logo. 🙂

Blatz beer was something I never heard of until I moved to Ohio. My friends in Michigan drank a lot of Strohs, Ohio crowd were partial to the Gennessee Cream Ale.

Then I remember the Miller Lite craze in the 90s, everybody drank it. I since moved on to mostly craft beers, primarily IPAs. If I drink a simple lager now it tastes like water. 

Good to see some posts worth reading, even off topic. Beats the beasty boys and their tired act. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Blatz beer was something I never heard of until I moved to Ohio. My friends in Michigan drank a lot of Strohs, Ohio crowd were partial to the Gennessee Cream Ale.

Then I remember the Miller Lite craze in the 90s, everybody drank it. I since moved on to mostly craft beers, primarily IPAs. If I drink a simple lager now it tastes like water. 

Good to see some posts worth reading, even off topic. Beats the beasty boys and their tired act. 

I have to be in the mood - and have time the next morning to possibly drink a bunch of Gatorade - for IPAs.  They most always give me trouble the next day.  I wouldn't say full-on hangover but I'm definitely groggy and dehydrated.  I had lagers last night and had no issues this morning.  Sure, they're not as strong and may not have the same flavor profiles but at least I know I can drink a few and feel OK the next day.

There are a bunch of local breweries I go to with buddies that all specialize in the IPA fare and man, the next day (usually a Saturday or Sunday, thankfully) I slam 2-3 Gatorades by noon.