[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Call Your Mistakes - Week 9

rajncajn

Not starting Taysom at flex instead of Hollywood. I just feel like the Saints will continue to lean on him more and more.

And in dynasty, continuing to put Miles Sanders in my lineup. My options are slim, but he's pretty much proven useless in that offense. 

Edited by rajncajn

Semi rhetorical question, if we all know these are mistakes now, why make them? For example if the Saints will lean on Taysom more, why not play him? 

For me, well my mistake is thinking I have a shot at doing something at 2-6.  Didn't even bother making a waiver claim last night, why spend $2 to add somebody like Carr, McBride or Akers (all guys I considered adding, and who got grabbed by other teams) that sits at the bottom of my bench. 

I am sure just like other weeks, one of my top players will be outperformed by somebody on the bench. If only I could pick the right one each week. Going with Doubs over Palmer, and may put Njoku back in over Ferguson. 

1. Anticipating Waller out so picked up Kincaid, but had to drop Pierce. Hasn't performed so ridden bench all but 1 week. Hate dropping rb's with so many injuries.

2. With byes and injuries my rb2 for week is either Mattison or Roschon. Have tried multiple trades of Mattison to no avail, I have one last trade offer out for Rachaad White, but no response. I could also drop Mattison for Henderson, but not sure on that either.

• Sad 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, stevegrab said:

Semi rhetorical question, if we all know these are mistakes now, why make them? For example if the Saints will lean on Taysom more, why not play him? 

For me, well my mistake is thinking I have a shot at doing something at 2-6.  Didn't even bother making a waiver claim last night, why spend $2 to add somebody like Carr, McBride or Akers (all guys I considered adding, and who got grabbed by other teams) that sits at the bottom of my bench. 

I am sure just like other weeks, one of my top players will be outperformed by somebody on the bench. If only I could pick the right one each week. Going with Doubs over Palmer, and may put Njoku back in over Ferguson. 

Because there are a lot of factors that play into the decision. It's not a simple as I think Taysom will play more. Even if his workload is similar to the last game that doesn't mean his production will reflect it. The Bears could be more prepared for it. The additional help in the D line could make a difference. The game script could play against him.  He could miss on TD opportunities.

I'm considering Brown because Hill and the Saints offense have been wildly inconsistent. Brown, lately, has been fairly consistent, but also comes with risk with a potential return of Kyler Murray and facing a tough Cleveland defense.

My other options are Palmer and Damien Pierce. Both have done little and have really bad matchups. Everyone else I have is either on bye or injured. 

ETA: I also just picked up Henderson, which is good because I have Kyren. So that may be another option. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

Starting Pitts.  Benching Schultz.  Again.

Also, starting NO def vs CHI instead of Seattle at BAL.  I'm doing this based on predictions but in our system NO has had 23 points total over 3 weeks while Seattle has had 51.  I hope I don't regret this.

9 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I have JWarren in my lineup weekly.  Flex, Rb2.  The week I give him a rest he's going to go off.  

Can you imagine how Warren would produce if they would just make him the starter?!?  

Edited by irish
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, irish said:

Can you imagine how Warren would produce if they would just make him the starter?!?  

Which is why I drafted Warren late after Harris early on.  The biggest mistake in this thread is by me and anyone else who thought it was a smart idea to have both Warren and Harris on your roster.  It's not exactly a McCaffery-Mitchell situation.

Edited by Dcat
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I took at as his premonition as to what would be viewed as a mistake.  He's guessing.  Thats how i took it.  

I think many of us would be making the same exact "mistake".   I'm down on Packers offense generally, but Dillon is a disaster. 

5 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I took at as his premonition as to what would be viewed as a mistake.  He's guessing.  Thats how i took it.  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think many of us would be making the same exact "mistake".   I'm down on Packers offense generally, but Dillon is a disaster. 

Agreed, it's a flip a coin situation, but Dotson hasn't done anything special either. Actually, their stats are pretty similar. It's all a moot point since Drake London is out and I have to play both now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, No Quarter said:

Same as last week. Expecting Olave to be a number 1 receiver. In my defense, I’m glad I didn’t sit him for Pickens. 

Pickens was a hot stick in the eye this week.  His couple of big games took my attention away from the fact that I really dont like starting him.  Same reason I didnt like MWilliams.  I just dont care for boom-bust type players unless they come at a miniscule cost.