[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Satisfaction level

Dcat

Fantasy Football satisfaction direction  

29 members have voted

1. 1. comparing '21, '22, '23 and the first 3 weeks of '24, would you say

• I've become increasingly satisfied
    • I have about the same level of satisfaction now as then
    • I've become less and less satisfied

Down to 1 league, been together 22/23 years.

im about done, I just can’t put the time in much anymore to keep up, and frankly, the injuries each of the last few seasons have been a disaster.

It’s $350 that I could use doing something else, probably my last season 

I'm not the FF junkie that some here are, never played in more than one league, which started with co-workers and friends of one of the guys at work. Been going for 30 years or so. I have at times lost interest in FF, because I'm just not very good despite the amount of time I put it, or the various expert advice (including The Huddle) that I've used.

However I am a big NFL fan, was before I started playing FF, still am now and will continue to be if I stop playing FF some day. Yes the game has changed in ways I don't like, but I still enjoy the sport. We could all be really old school and want games only on Sunday afternoons like they were before any SNF or MNF, let alone Thursday games, Sunday morning, double MNF, international games etc. But we could also wish for $1/gallon gas, but none of that will do good.

This season I have some renewed interest, because for once my team is good, 3-0 start, and a good chance to win this week, only undefeated team and my best start in probably 10-15 years. 

Sending good vibes to the illustrious BIG JOHN.  Sorry you are feeling that way.  Try to remember that oxygen is your best friend.

I am not a professional but have advised many friends and family on these types of things.  I am also available to listen to you.

Edited by Ramhock
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ramhock said:

Sending good vibes to the illustrious BIG JOHN.  Sorry you are feeling that way.  Try to remember that oxygen is your best friend.

I am not a professional but have advised many friends and family on these types of things.  I am also available to listen to you.

I second that, nothing but good vibes for Big John. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Big John said:

Lost all motivation to live. Then on Friday, my sister's dog died, then after i wrote this, i found out my other sister's dog died today.

This is happening to too many people lately, it's almost a theme. You need to cling to what makes you happy and stick to it otherwise life just becomes a reminder of what is getting you down. There are too many things in life to be happy about and so when we're down we need to get back to basics - whether that means getting a new pet or whatever....we need to stick to it.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm one of several people willing to chat....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avernus said:

This is happening to too many people lately, it's almost a theme. You need to cling to what makes you happy and stick to it otherwise life just becomes a reminder of what is getting you down. There are too many things in life to be happy about and so when we're down we need to get back to basics - whether that means getting a new pet or whatever....we need to stick to it.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm one of several people willing to chat....

The problem for many is losing sight of what leads to happiness.  Social media is definitely not on that list.  Seems comical but it's actually a great read:

https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive/dp/0062457713/ref=sr_1_1?crid=R300ORI05C64&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.z-xcCCsdnIpFCwq08_puoJA4NtONIQhQ8ma-7ZCu1gy0mcl7X_uJFOzjiekfbqk46cr3RgC0jvwuqaZEtX-lz5gkO-0wB8OJ84Sy3IQEpEDP9AsMNTID6O_jLUSXrrl4MYUGgmhamTX6ae7-8XXsE2UMg15jGqiNLWE8RJcj77U5tMmaCgSHbqxdRvSEbRsAIWrixPgzptPPShx1GCJYTueFFwr9zJxvERqEd3IeOsI.tAx5XN8EHvCL-varfnsHRdmaDiSQO53K2x_Isf-Mu4g&dib_tag=se&keywords=subtle+art+of+not+giving+a+fck&qid=1727724870&sprefix=subtle+art%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-1

22 hours ago, Big John said:

Lost all motivation to live. Then on Friday, my sister's dog died, then after i wrote this, i found out my other sister's dog died today.

Sorry Big John. Sounds like my youngest son and his wife last year. First their dog died and within a week her folks’ dog died. When they got married they included pictures of both of these dogs. They were definitely family.

As far as the poll, I’m not sure how to respond to that.  Before the season starts I’m usually thinking about maybe doing it for another year and see what happens.  But as the NFL weeks go by my enjoyment increases. I really enjoy playing in Guillotine Leagues the most. I enjoy the drafts and you can join new leagues during the season. I usually end up in many of those. 

16 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

I really enjoy playing in Guillotine Leagues the most. I enjoy the drafts and you can join new leagues during the season. I usually end up in many of those. 

You highlight something I just realized, regular redraft might be my least favorite format. I really enjoy dynasty, best ball, and guillotine a lot more than redraft. I still enjoy redraft, but not like I used to unless it's with serious GMs.

On 9/29/2024 at 5:40 PM, Big John said:

Big John, people are here for you and wish you the best. Life is tough. Each day is different from the last.  Some days are worse than others but the sun always rises.

I'd be happy to share my number and chat anytime. I've been there.

On 9/29/2024 at 5:40 PM, Big John said:

Man, BJ, we love you!!!  Being in that space and then losing 2 four legged friends is tough to swallow.  I don't know you personally, but from what I know from you on this board, you are a good person BJ!!  I'm sure your sisters think very highly of their Big Brother!!  Know there are many people here who support you and I for one hope you reach out to us!!!!!!  Chatting with someone is helpful, even when you don't feel like it.  We are here to hold a space for you during whatever you are going through!!

🥰 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, devilwoman said:

Man, BJ, we love you!!!  Being in that space and then losing 2 four legged friends is tough to swallow.  I don't know you personally, but from what I know from you on this board, you are a good person BJ!!  I'm sure your sisters think very highly of their Big Brother!!  Know there are many people here who support you and I for one hope you reach out to us!!!!!!  Chatting with someone is helpful, even when you don't feel like it.  We are here to hold a space for you during whatever you are going through!!

🥰 :)

Big John,  I could have quoted all of the others here offering their support and empathy.  I feel the same way as Devilwoman and the rest, big guy.  I'm sure there are many here who are struggling through family or pet illnesses or worse.  Sometimes it is so difficult.   I get it.  Let's use this as our safe place where we can come and put everything else out of mind for a few moments each day.    You, sir, are one of the reasons I revisit this forum, in case you didn't know, (fwiw  LOL). 

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

Update.

i have seen emergency counseling and developed an interim plan to try to get through these trying times. Please be patient with me.

Thanke for the kind words, sorry i can't address you individually right now, except ironically i am their "little brother" as i am younger than them.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Big John said:

Update.

i have seen emergency counseling and developed an interim plan to try to get through these trying times. Please be patient with me.

Thanke for the kind words, sorry i can't address you individually right now, except ironically i am their "little brother" as i am younger than them.

I'm glad you sought out some support there, John.  Know that you are loved and supported by this community, as small as it's become... we are still here for you.  I just sent you an email too if you'd prefer to respond there.  If I were still in MN you know I'd be there for you in person.

Please let us know if you need help managing your fantasy teams while you get things to a better place mentally and emotionally.  I know life can throw you some curveballs but know that we are here for you.

On 10/1/2024 at 5:17 PM, Big John said:

Update.

I'm happy to hear that you've begun the process of getting yourself the help that you need.  Counseling can be extremely critical towards recovery and even when you think you're good, sticking with it to continue to stay right, is recommended.  

We will always remain patient with you. In my eyes you are the backbone of this place, the centerpiece of The Huddle. However, your well-being is of upmost importance, so for now, just do you.  

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Big John said:

Update.

Excellent big J...keep that chin up.  

On 9/30/2024 at 3:36 PM, 1fastdoc said:

EXACTLY! I don't use social media outside of Youtube and I just watch informative videos from people like Dr. Berg. Social media is the aids, for sure.

On 10/1/2024 at 2:34 PM, darin3 said:

I'm glad you sought out some support there, John.  Know that you are loved and supported by this community, as small as it's become... we are still here for you.  I just sent you an email too if you'd prefer to respond there.  If I were still in MN you know I'd be there for you in person.

Please let us know if you need help managing your fantasy teams while you get things to a better place mentally and emotionally.  I know life can throw you some curveballs but know that we are here for you.

I too have extra time to assist in this way. Just Know I am here for you.

On 10/1/2024 at 2:17 PM, Big John said:

Update.

Sending loving vibes your way big guy!! 💓💓💓  Little brother, well, you seem like a big brother to all of us here!!  :)  We are and will be forever patient my friend, thanks for keeping us posted, YOU MATTER TO ALL OF US!!