[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett, please retire!

Bronco Billy

Oh, if the team keeps losing and Favre keeps playing like crap, I would expect his ankle injury "acts up" and "forces" him to the bench....or "sources" will leak that the ankle really has been bugging him all year and that's why he's sucking nuts.

His injury will "act up", his start streak will end and he will be gone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real. Drama. Queen.

:wacko:

I will really hate to see Brett going out on a stretcher or to have the indignity of being benched. It is sad to see a first ballot hall of famer crawl to the finish line of his career.

He was great last year, but the receivers (outside of Shiancoe) are atrocious for the Vikes thus far.

It just doesn't look like Brett is enjoying the game right now. When they show him on the sidelines, he doesn't look very happy or even ready to play. This is before a single snap was played yesterday. I wish I knew what was going on. Does Chilly have him on a short leash? Does Favre know that the game plan is for him to hand off to Adrian. I agree that any other QB on the roster can put the ball into Adrian's hands just as good as Favre can.

But he didn't have two great games to start out last year either.

The first game last year was against Cleveland. The Vikes had 85 net passing yards. They won the game with 3 Adrian TDs including the one where he ran over a defender and/or pushed him out of the way.

Game two was against Detroit. The Vikes had 153 net passing yards. Against Detroit. 153 passing yards.

Game three was the SF game where the Vikes pulled it off on the final play and game four was Packer week. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 8 times in that game while the old man was not sacked in that game according to pro-football-reference.com.

I think that as the weeks go by, the Vikings' passing game will become a bigger part of the game and game plan.

Yep... Like I said last week, this year is really not much different than last year, other than the schedule. In other words, Favre didn't look any better last year, at this point. Weeks 1 and 2 last season, we played Cleveland and Detroit... and rode Peterson, not Favre, to victory in those games. They were ugly wins because the offense was far from clicking (just like this season). This year, it's @NOS and at home against a very underrated Miami defense. Going into yesterday, I likened the Miami game to SF last year... in other words, a team that shouldn't be overlooked, because of their D. Turns out, I was damn close... only difference was this time, Brett Favre Greg Lewis didn't bail us out.

The other difference is that there's no stud WR in the making this year... Last year, Rice started to emerge in weeks 3 and 4, then really exploded in weeks 6-10. This year, I don't see that happening with anybody else, even though I think Favre will continue to gain confidence in Harvin (if he's able to stay healthy), Camarillo, and maybe even Lewis. If Rice doesn't return, though, and Harvin's injury lingers, the Vikings are in trouble. But, the biggest difference between this season and last is the schedule... last year, they were able to work through the rust, in large part due to an easy beginning month. This year, they don't have that benefit, and their banged up WR corp is making it even harder.

The other thing they have going against them is that the Pack have another year of experience under their belt, and appear to be one of the premiere teams in the league... on defense as well as offense. There's still a lot of football left to be played this year, so I'm not saying MN doesn't have a chance. But, going into the season, I picked the Pack to win the division. Now, when we're two games behind, two weeks into the season... I'd say the Vikings' chances of winning the division are less than 10%.

Can they get in as a wildcard? Who knows... no way two teams from the West make the playoffs. Atlanta looks wild-card worthy in the South, I suppose, and the teams from the East will beat up on each other like they do nearly every year, with no clear-cut favorite. So, I'd give MN as good of a shot as anybody else, given how the first two weeks have played out.

Can't believe I'm the only 1 that sees the conspiracy...this is all a clever plot between the Packers, Farve, Martz and the referees.

1. Farve takes over the Vikings and gets them within seconds of going to the SB, and then psych...then he comes back the next season and leads them to an 0-16 finish.

2. Martz takes over the Bears and gets them to the playoffs, and then he gives the ball to Forte the entire game...shot down in flames. The next season he leads them to an 0-16 finish.

3. The referees take over the Lions every 4th quarter, just as they get very close to winning a game, and make some bogus call...every season they go 2-14.

Green Bay wins the division clear as day... :wacko:

or in the season with the jets, maybe he DID hurt his shoulder and that explains why his play tailed off so drastically. and maybe he actually DID injure his ankle against the saints in the playoffs. I know as a jilted ex-lover you'd rather stick with the conspiracy theories, but occam's razor pretty much rips that old prom dress to shreds.

I don't think Occam's Razor is used to determine the level of b.s. one particular person is shoveling.

Edited by Chavez

He looks like a guy that was talked into returning who was sitting in a rocking chair on his front porch at the time.

At least he has an excuse what's the Cowboys problem?

:wacko: A favre thread and you still cant resist. Was it the consistently knocking you out of the playoffs year after year after year during Favres heyday that brought on this obsession ????? Ill wait for your standard ice bowl comeback

If AP can get one stinking yard Minn wins that game.

I know that everyone is calling it a one yard run but that was closer to 2 yards than 1. I was hoping for a pass play and when that didn't happen I knew it wasn't going to work out. The play was called to stretch to the sidelines but Adrian thought he could punch it straight in instead.

I know that everyone is calling it a one yard run but that was closer to 2 yards than 1. I was hoping for a pass play and when that didn't happen I knew it wasn't going to work out. The play was called to stretch to the sidelines but Adrian thought he could punch it straight in instead.

I dont get why they didn't line up and fake it to AP and lob it up for Shiancoe...has that play EVER been stopped???

Without reading through this whole thread, there are 14 games to go and the Vikings could easily be 2-0 right now. Brett didn't exactly light the world on fire his first couple of games last year either. Let's not overreact or anything... :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

:tup: you're another bill swerski. have a few "favorite teams" laying around, and always profess your first love to be the one that happens to be strongest at the moment.

let's see, you either picked your handle because you're the kind of guy whose mistress means more to you than your wife. or maybe because you picked your handle back when your "mistress" was winning back to back super bowls. :wacko:

:tup: