[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If (when) Owens is cut, where would he end up?

DMD

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Miami. The only thing that Saban likes more than doing things the right way is winning. Speaking as someone who is pretty familiar with his coaching and football ethics, if Saban thought that TO would get him to the mountaintop he'd do it in a heartbeat, all else be darned.

Peace

policy

Of course - Oakland is the first one that comes to mind. Martz is second. Baltimore is 3rd for me. They wanted him last time. Finally - NO - something to spark a defeated team.

As far as Houston - there offensive line has to be their focus for rebuilding.

To me there's no chance that anyone in the NFC East would want him. Purcells, Gibbs, and Coughlin just aren't the type. Jerry Jones might have been interested in TO if he didn't disrespect the "Star."

Unlike Keyshawn, there will be no Bill Parcells waiting with open arms.  I have no idea who'll want him at this point.  The bad-character refuge known as Oakland already has Moss.

1125002[/snapback]

:D Why wouldn't there be a Bill Parcells waiting with open arms? He seems to be able to handle the Meshawns and Terri's of the league. That offense would be lethal with TO, Bledsoe can sling the ball well enough, and he's be the uncontested #1.

:D You know...Dallas has had it;s share of other problem children as well.

:D I think that might just fit...

Well, let's cover 'em all:

NFC East - no need to break it down; as previously mentioned, NONE of the old school coaches there would put up with his guff

excellent use of the word "guff" here. haven't really seen or heard this word used in quite some time and i applaud you for it. You, sir, have been watching a lot of old Buggs Bunny cartoons or Leave It To Beaver on Nick-At-Night.

excellent use of the word "guff" here. haven't really seen or heard this word used in quite some time and i applaud you for it. You, sir, have been watching a lot of old Buggs Bunny cartoons or Leave It To Beaver on Nick-At-Night.

1131807[/snapback]

:D

:D  Why wouldn't there be a Bill Parcells waiting with open arms?  He seems to be able to handle the Meshawns and Terri's of the league.  That offense would be lethal with TO, Bledsoe can sling the ball well enough, and he's be the uncontested #1.

1131779[/snapback]

I don't remember Meshawn or Terri being nearly as horrible a teammate as T.O. has been. Parcells will never take him.

I don't remember Meshawn or Terri being nearly as horrible a teammate as T.O. has been.  Parcells will never take him.

1131859[/snapback]

You must have missed the part where MeShawn tried to punch out Bledsoe on the sidelines. And Glenn is pretty bad. In NE he was completely ostricized.

:D I'm not suggesting it's a done deal, just that Parcells seems to know how to handle and motivate players, and particularly of the Keyshawn/TO ilk.

You must have missed the part where MeShawn tried to punch out Bledsoe on the sidelines.  And Glenn is pretty bad.  In NE he was completely ostricized.

:D  I'm not suggesting it's a done deal, just that Parcells seems to know how to handle and motivate players, and particularly of the Keyshawn/TO ilk.

1131883[/snapback]

MeShawn was already on the Cowboys when he got into the argument with Bledsoe, so that situation really isn't comparable.

The difference between MeShawn/Glenn and Owens is that the former two played under Parcells and he knows that he can control them. That doesn't apply to T.O. He'll end up somewhere, but it won't be Dallas. And that's partially because Dallas doesn't need another WR.

1131807[/snapback]

:D There was a Simpson episode a couple years back where Nelson used the word "guff" then all the other bullies promptly beat the crap out of him for saying it.

Denver makes sense to me. I could see Shanahan having the ego to take him on and it's not like their wideouts are anything special.

1131924[/snapback]

No way Denver even looks at him! Shanny does not put up with that kind of junk. :D Hence part of the reason he got rid of Portis and Kennison. Although he did have Romanowski on his squad for awhile, but he didn't cause T.O. like problems to his teamates.

No way Denver even looks at him!  Shanny does not put up with that kind of junk.  :D  Hence part of the reason he got rid of Portis and Kennison.  Although he did have Romanowski on his squad for awhile, but he didn't cause T.O. like problems to his teamates.

1131946[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Shannahan has one of the biggest egos in the league. I could see him thinking he could control him. He took chances on guys like Dale Carter, as you said Romanoski, and drafted Maurice Clarett.

Are you kidding? Shannahan has one of the biggest egos in the league. I could see him thinking he could control him. He took chances on guys like Dale Carter, as you said Romanoski, and drafted Maurice Clarett.

1131955[/snapback]

I see the words out of the corners of my eye, but all I can see is....

bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy..... :D:D:D

Edited by Menudo

1131955[/snapback]

No I'm not kidding. Carter was a very short time experiment that he immediately dumped. Clarett was agreeably a huge risk, but only lasted a couple of months and flat out released. None of the before mentioned players were as much of a headache as T.O. to their own teams. Not even close.

Shanny has one of the biggest ego's in the league. Really? Based on what? That he doesn't disclose who's going to be the starting RB? Many teams do that. I don't see how he's any worse than any other head coach.

No I'm not kidding.  Carter was a very short time experiment that he immediately dumped.  Clarett was agreeably a huge risk, but only lasted a couple of months and flat out released.  None of the before mentioned players were as much of a headache as T.O. to their own teams.  Not even close.

Shanny has one of the biggest ego's in the league.  Really?  Based on what?  That he doesn't disclose who's going to be the starting RB?  Many teams do that.  I don't see how he's any worse than any other head coach.

1132021[/snapback]

I'm not saying TO is going to be there for ten years. I'm saying I can see Shanny taking a chance on him as he has done with talented headcases in the past. As far as his ego goes I was going by what Mark Schlereth one of his former players had to say about him.

A lot of people believe that Jose Cansaco was Black balled, is it a plausible scenario that TO may get black balled, and how could they do that?

1131969[/snapback]

This is an interesting concept. After Drew and Terrell walk out the door, can't you just see the team officials looking at each other and shaking their heads saying "what a waste of time, I told you it wasn't a good idea."

And as discussed here, there are a limited amount of teams that will even bring him in for an interview.

Edited by charty

:D There was a Simpson episode a couple years back where Nelson used the word "guff" then all the other bullies promptly beat the crap out of him for saying it.

1131933[/snapback]

Yes, I believe that Nelson quickly tries to say, sh....., but then gets pummeled by Jimbo Jones and Carnie before he can actually get the word out completely. :D