[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comeback Player of the Year

muck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Jurivicious (sp?)  Dude came back from a potentially career-ending injury to contribute as an integral part of the best Seahawks team in years.

1230969[/snapback]

Not to mention the loss of a child, :D something I hope I never have to endure. God bless his son.

Having said that S. Smith is hands down the comeback player.

Not to mention the loss of a child, :D  something I hope I never have to endure.  God bless his son.

Having said that S. Smith is hands down the comeback player.

1230993[/snapback]

Time out: aren't we all forgetting someone....

Teddy Bruschi! He cured cancer at half time last week.

the fact that Smith has been so dominant after such a nasty injury but if your looking for someone that has performed poorly of late and dusted off the cobwebs to post great numbers then look to someone like Anderson

I am probably one of the few Krob fans and it sure looks like he is getting his act together you gotta atleast :D for him

what about Mushin Muhammad oh wait he did it backwards :D

Galloway. He has he come back from numerous injuries over the years, and come back from being labeled a bust after he got his big free agent contract with Dallas, injured himself the first week and has never been the same since. Steve Smith, while he did come back from a nasty injury to have the best year of any receiver, I don't think many were shocked that he was successful this season.

In the leagues I drafted Smith I got him in the 4th round. Galloway was around 12th - 14 rounds. Galloway has come back from a deeper hole than Smith.

Bledsoe I could see in the conversation, but late in the year as his protection has eroded, he has looked a lot like the guy we have been seeing over the last several seasons.

His stats aren't pretty, but his win percentage is darn good... Brad Johnson.

1231007[/snapback]

I agree with Brad being solid for comeback player of the year, but gotta give it to Stevie.

Other solid guys:

Galloway

Santa Moss returned from the dead.

Ricky Williams has done pretty well after he got done smokin' the bowls.

Neil Rackers - Wasn't the guy cut in Cincinnati and now made the Pro Bowl??

Brunell - Played real well in the beginning, sucked in the middle, but maybe picking it up down the stretch??

CPOY is for guys that resurrect themselves, not return from injury.

Steve Smith got hurt in 2004. In 2003, he had 88 catches for 1100+ yds and 7 tds.

Joey Galloway had a top notch start to his career in his 4 yrs in Seattle. He hasn't even been heard from since 1998. This season he's having the best year he's ever had.

Easy choice.

Steve Smith got hurt in 2004. In 2003, he had 88 catches for 1100+ yds and 7 tds.

Joey Galloway had a top notch start to his career in his 4 yrs in Seattle. He hasn't even been heard from since 1998. This season he's having the best year he's ever had.

Easy choice.

1231123[/snapback]

I agree with this.

Easy choice.

1231123[/snapback]

Says who?

Edit: And I quote... "The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972, except for 1985 when no winner was selected. The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury or simply poor performance."

Source

Edited by darin3