[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you ever put your foot in your mouth ?

whomper

Anyone have any bad foot in the mouth stories ? I remember when I was a teenager I went to a family party at a friends house and there was a baby there that looked like he was extremely tired and fighting to keep his eyes open..He finally rolled his eyes and was falling asleep and I said..That baby looks out cold..Then I was promptly told that the baby was blind :D :doah: I was sick over that for weeks.

Edited by whomper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any bad foot in the mouth stories ? I remember when I was a teenager I went to a family party at a friends house and there was a baby there that looked like he was extremely tired and fighting to keep his eyes open..He finally rolled his eyes and was  falling asleep and I said..That baby looks out cold..Then I was promptly told that the baby was blind  :D  :doah: I was sick over that for weeks.

1314844[/snapback]

:doah: I don't think that one's gonna be topped.

Anyone have any bad foot in the mouth stories ? I remember when I was a teenager I went to a family party at a friends house and there was a baby there that looked like he was extremely tired and fighting to keep his eyes open..He finally rolled his eyes and was  falling asleep and I said..That baby looks out cold..Then I was promptly told that the baby was blind  :D  :doah: I was sick over that for weeks.

1314844[/snapback]

Oh man that must have sucked balls. That has to be the worst foot-in-mouth story ever. Nothing personal man, i'm not making fun of you just pointing out that if that were me, i'd disappear.

Oh man that must have sucked balls.  That has to be the worst foot-in-mouth story ever.  Nothing personal man, i'm not making fun of you just pointing out that if that were me, i'd disappear.

1314856[/snapback]

It was brutal..The good thing was that not too many people heard it and the person that told me was the girl who I was friends with and she told me on the DL but still I was absolutely sick over it.

Oh man that must have sucked balls.  That has to be the worst foot-in-mouth story ever.  Nothing personal man, i'm not making fun of you just pointing out that if that were me, i'd disappear.

1314856[/snapback]

I figured YOU would have the best FIM story. Instead, you had the best response! :D

May have told this one before.

Pretty new on the job (maybe 4 or 5 months in). The CFO at the time was three levels above me so I didn't interact with him too often. I was actually intimidated by him for a while after getting hired. Well anyway, he invited me to a Red Wing game. He's driving to the game and some guy cuts us off as we get close to Joe Louis Arena and he has a quick word for him. I noticed that the car (some sort of sedan), has a personalized license plate (something ghey like brn2glf or what not). Figuring this is the time to pile on and show my support for the boss, I exclaim..."what do you expect. He has personalized plates and I can't stand people who get them".

He says, ..."well you wouldn't like my wife then." :doah:

When she was still in college, my wife e-mailed a professor to see if she could get them to be flexible and sign off on something regarding her workload and graduating by a certain time (i have a terrible memory and forget the details, though not very relevant anyways.)

So the professor is not helpful at all and she forwards their response to me. I hit reply with something like "It's nice to know the professors are really there for their students."

Next day I get an e-mail from the professor as I accidentally hit "reply to all".

Oops. :D

1314844[/snapback]

But really, in your defense, how were you supposed to know unless you were told beforehand

I have some, but a friend of mine is king.

There was a guy here that had an affair with a female inmate when he was a guard at the women's prison. His son is the same name but Junior. We were at a party and my friend was drunk, and he wouldn't let off the kid. He started out by saying, "hey are you related to the guy who was sleeping with the inmates." the guy says no. My friend persists. "You have to be, you have the same name and everything." Finally the guy just walks away.

Another time we were in the Cities and met up with a friend of mine. He is a recovering alcoholic, and I tell John (My friend with foot in mouth disease) he doesn't drink. So later in the night it is John's turn to buy drinks. He says to my friend, "I'll by you a drink." My friend says no thanks, I'll just have a coke. John persists. You don't drink, are you part of a funny religon, my friend says no. John says "What you have a bad experience?" Yeah, I am an alcoholic.

At this point John gets up to go to the bathroom and we don't see him til we get to the hotel room.

But really, in your defense, how were you supposed to know unless you were told beforehand

1315220[/snapback]

They gave me a pass because I didnt say it maliciously.. I said it as if the baby finally fell asleep and thought it was cute..Noone was mad but I still felt awful.

1314844[/snapback]

Dick. :D

We use to have a reply to "How are you doing" which was "well, I got all my fingers and all my toes" and one time my buddy said that to a guy who had 2 fingers missing from a work bench accident..

OR, at work, when your boss called we would say "your daddys on the phone" and a new hires response was "my dad died 3 weeks ago".. you apologize and slink away wondering how you rate on the couth scale.

I remember being pissed off at my company for crappy Christmas bonuses back in like 2000. A goat was donated to a South American village in my name. :D

Then to add insult to injury, in the secret santa gift exchange game, I ended up with a coffee mug that had some lame phrase on it. I was talking to my boss, a friend, and I was bitching like crazy... and started going off on the coffee mug about how lame and thoughtless some moron was to get this gift that nobody wanted and that they obviously just picked up at a gas station on the way there.

Yeah... he was the one that brought the mug. :doah:

I remember being pissed off at my company for crappy Christmas bonuses back in like 2000.  A goat was donated to a South American village in my name.  :D

1315860[/snapback]

Spain was there at that time? :D

When she was still in college, my wife e-mailed a professor to see if she could get them to be flexible and sign off on something regarding her workload and graduating by a certain time (i have a terrible memory and forget the details, though not very relevant anyways.)

So the professor is not helpful at all and she forwards their response to me. I hit reply with something like "It's nice to know the professors are really there for their students."

Next day I get an e-mail from the professor as I accidentally hit "reply to all".

Oops.  :D

1314937[/snapback]

:D I did that too.

A dealer of ours wrote to me about a customer problem. I read the story, and I replied with "It sounds like that guy is lying. He probably screwed up his files and just doesn't want to admit it."

Yeah... I replied to the customer, not the dealer. He wasn't happy.

Then to add insult to injury, in the secret santa gift exchange game, I ended up with a coffee mug that had some lame phrase on it.  I was talking to my boss, a friend, and I was bitching like crazy... and started going off on the coffee mug about how lame and thoughtless some moron was to get this gift that nobody wanted and that they obviously just picked up at a gas station on the way there.

Yeah... he was the one that brought the mug. :doah:

1315860[/snapback]

Have you seen the video on the internet of the girl at the company Christmas party who obviously has been overserved and she starts trashing her boss who she doesn't realize is standing right by her.....He handles it better than I would.

Oh oh! My favorite!

I was in Vegas for a trade show with a bunch of people including an openly gay co-worker. As we were leaving the show... I was talking about some guy I met at the show who was a jerk to everybody and I referred to him as a "major c*cksucker".

Then I realized I was next to the gay guy, and that he actually does suck c*ck... so, I immediately followed it up with "No offense, Mike".

Then I realized that saying "no offense" was 10x worse than the original comment! Oh well. What can you do?