[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you ever put your foot in your mouth ?

whomper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my one and only moment, but it was a good one. A bunch of people I went to high school with met up a bar because, unfortunately, people were back for a buddy's funeral. Well, it was also a footbal game weekend (Ark. v. Texas) which is a big deal here so there were tons of parties. My wife and I get to the bar and I'm already pretty lit. This girl who was a cheerleader in high school, very pretty and very skinny, comes up to me and gives me a hug. She has a hugh belly and looks like she is wearing a maternity top, at least to me. So I ask if she is pregnant. She replies, "Do I look pregnant?" I then say somehting to the effect of, "Well my wife was pregnant not too long ago and I'm familiar with the body type." :D Well, she was not pregnant and although everyone had been talking about it, I was the only drunken fool to say anything. She followed us to every party we went that night and just glared at me. Good times.

Oh oh!  My favorite!

I was in Vegas for a trade show with a bunch of people including an openly gay co-worker.  As we were leaving the show... I was talking about some guy I met at the show who was a jerk to everybody and I referred to him as a "major c*cksucker".

Then I realized I was next to the gay guy, and that he actually does suck c*ck... so, I immediately followed it up with "No offense, Mike".

Then I realized that saying "no offense" was 10x worse than the original comment!  Oh well.  What can you do?

1315890[/snapback]

Both feet at once! :D

a mom was showing me her new infant dressed in pink.

i comented HE had nice hair.  :doah:

1314891[/snapback]

This is the second instance of blindness in the same thread. I'm impressed with your typing tho...

Not quite in the same league, but fresh out of college I was a new sales rep for a paper cup company. My territory here in L.A. included both Coke and Pepsi bottlers as accounts.

Have you ever used the term "coke" as the generic term for all soda, similar to saying "Kleenex" for facial tissue? Yep, I did it in front of all the Pepsi reps in a presentation! They threw their cups, pencils, paper, whatever they could at me. They were laughing, but my boss wasn't....

Oh oh!  My favorite!

I was in Vegas for a trade show with a bunch of people including an openly gay co-worker.  As we were leaving the show... I was talking about some guy I met at the show who was a jerk to everybody and I referred to him as a "major c*cksucker".

Then I realized I was next to the gay guy, and that he actually does suck c*ck... so, I immediately followed it up with "No offense, Mike".

Then I realized that saying "no offense" was 10x worse than the original comment!  Oh well.  What can you do?

1315890[/snapback]

VERY funny!! Nice job Atomic!

I have two:

One, we were in hard negotiations with a Internet service provider over hosting for our fortune 500 company. We had been going back and forth for about two weeks, when I called the account rep and requested a speakerphone conference with myself, my lawyer and he and his CFO. He puts us on hold and calls the guy in his office. Funny thing is, we weren't on hold. The CFO comes in and says, "Who is on the line?" To which the account rep says, "It's those A$$holes from --------." The lawyer and I looked at each other, and said, "Hi!" to dead silence on the other end... My butt has never been so well kissed as in the ensuing week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in a meeting last week and was talking about how Info security wanted us to manually check the status of people before entering them into the system. Meaning to say Info security insists in doing the job by hand, I inexplicably said, "Info Security insists on it being a hand job."

Much hilarity ensued.

Edited by cre8tiff

One, we were in hard negotiations with a Internet service provider over hosting for our fortune 500 company. We had been going back and forth for about two weeks, when I called the account rep and requested a speakerphone conference with myself, my lawyer and he and his CFO. He puts us on hold and calls the guy in his office. Funny thing is, we weren't on hold. The CFO comes in and says, "Who is on the line?" To which the account rep says, "It's those A$$holes from --------." The lawyer and I looked at each other, and said, "Hi!" to dead silence on the other end... My butt has never been so well kissed as in the ensuing week.

1316051[/snapback]

Classic! So how much $ did that save your company?

technically, he is an ***hole

1316434[/snapback]

:D E tu Wiegie

Edited by whomper

This is my one and only moment, but it was a good one.  A bunch of people I went to high school with met up a bar because, unfortunately, people were back for a buddy's funeral.  Well, it was also a footbal game weekend (Ark. v. Texas) which is a big deal here so there were tons of parties.  My wife and I get to the bar and I'm already pretty lit.  This girl who was a cheerleader in high school, very pretty and very skinny, comes up to me and gives me a hug.  She has a hugh belly and looks like she is wearing a maternity top, at least to me.  So I ask if she is pregnant.  She replies, "Do I look pregnant?"  I then say somehting to the effect of, "Well my wife was pregnant not too long ago and I'm familiar with the body type." :D Well, she was not pregnant and although everyone had been talking about it, I was the only drunken fool to say anything.  She followed us to every party we went that night and just glared at me.  Good times.

1315903[/snapback]

This is one of the reasons why you're not supposed to ask a woman if she's pregnant until you actually see the baby coming out!! :D

:D  E tu Wiegie

1316442[/snapback]

well, according to a certain typology, you are either an ***hole, a dick, or a pr|ck and using the appropriate definitions of each of these types, your actions put you firmly in the ***hole camp. (untateve can explain this better as it is his hypothesis)

This is one of the reasons why you're not supposed to ask a woman if she's pregnant until you actually see the baby coming out!!  :D

1316458[/snapback]

Hey Chargerz - have you ever said anything you regretted while in your, uh, official capacity? Or at the very least, have any of your patients confided something to you that you wished they hadn't? C'mon, throw us a bone...

I got one for you...

I was having lunch with two clients of mine a few months ago at a spendy restaurant and when the bill came I said, "Wow, they really jewed us on this bill"....needless to say, the jewish guy wasn't happy...

so I said "Hey, I'm not a stinking Nazi or anything"...

the other guy was German....

...so I said, "Guys, quit acting like a couple of Negro's"...

the waiter overheard me, he's black...

so then I said to the waiter, "I didn't say monkey"...

I didn't see the monkeys in the corner washing the dishes...

needless to say, I was very embarrassed...

I used to work as a legal advisor to the Chairman of a government agency. The agency consisted of three Commissioners (one was appointed Chair -- my boss). One day I walked into the men's room at work and was immediately hit with the stench of someone doing a #2 (compete with plop plop sounds) from one of the stalls.

While I was at a urinal, I jokingly stated the following loud enough for the person in the stall to hear, "Gee whiz! Somebody's having problems up in here!" and I laughed boisterously.

As I was washing my hands, the stall opens and it was one of the other Commissioners (thankfully not my boss). The Commissioner said nothing to me, washed his hands, and left.

For the rest of my tenure at that job (3 years), that Commissioner rarely talked to me again.

I used to work as a legal advisor to the Chairman of a government agency.  The agency consisted of three Commissioners (one was appointed Chair -- my boss).  One day I walked into the men's room at work and was immediately hit with the stench of someone doing a #2 (compete with plop plop sounds) from one of the stalls.

While I was at a urinal, I jokingly stated the following loud enough for the person in the stall to hear, "Gee whiz!  Somebody's having problems up in here!" and I laughed boisterously.

As I was washing my hands, the stall opens and it was one of the other Commissioners (thankfully not my boss).  The Commissioner said nothing to me, washed his hands, and left.

For the rest of my tenure at that job (3 years), that Commissioner rarely talked to me again.

1316708[/snapback]

Foot in mouth is usually saying something unintentionally. That was just dumb.

I once got a little tipsy at a family Christmas party and accidentally referred to my father-in-law's new girl friend by his deceased wife's first name. The deceased wife had been dead for like 15 years (alcoholism) and this new woman was the first person my father-in-law had dated since his wife had passed. To make matters worse, I made the gaffe when were all seated in a circle opening presents. That one hung in the air like mushroom cloud.

Edited by yo mama

i was down at the lumberyard and a young kid rolls up in a truck with a guys name on it like john doe construction and i knew that carpenter so when i got a chance i said "hey is john still porkin that lisa chick, she's a real lady dog" the kid just hung his head and softly said ya......yep it was his mom, never forget that one.

well, according to a certain typology, you are either an ***hole, a dick, or a pr|ck and using the appropriate definitions of each of these types, your actions put you firmly in the ***hole camp.  (untateve can explain this better as it is his hypothesis)

1316486[/snapback]

weigie's right. you're an **shole. nothing personal.

Working on a system (sell price was close to a million in a fairly small company) and it was supposed to ship a week before in the last company I worked for. Had been working on it all weekend and figured I could finish it on Monday. Monday night rolls around and the president walks around and asks me how it's going. We exchange small talk and I started telling him a joke about nun on a bus with a guy who winds up having anal sex with her (punchline is the nun is really a guy going to a costume party). I'm about 3/4 though it and I sense something is awry. I stopped and asked him if he was Catholic... "yup". :doah: