[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Consensus Cheat Sheet, pick #1

Skippy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomlinson

Alexander has always beena steady back but last year was a contract fluke year. he will never produce like that again and with hutchinson gone it just drives home that fact.

Larry Johnson has yet to prove he can play a full schedule.

Shaun Alexander

LJ will probably be the consensus due to the "nature of the beast" in terms of fantasy sports. But with an aging QB/OL and limited supporting cast, LJ is prime to disappoint after last season's ridiculous outburst. Who knows, though... he could be off the charts.

LT is also worthy, but with QB and supporting cast questions of his own, I think you have to take the guy that's steadiest, has the best QB/supporting cast and track record. That's Alexander.

I will take LT

He has proven year after year he produces no matter what the scenario. Brees was not playing well until two years ago and LT was still the best back in the league prior to that. The loss of Brees doesn't mean much to LT I don't think. What it means to Gates is another story.

Alexander has proven dependable, but it remains to be seen what the loss of Hutch means.

I want to see LJ do it over a full year. There is no way he could keep up the pace of last year over a full season. He would have had almost 50 more carries than 1998, the year Jamal Anderson set the record for most carries in a season.

Edited by blaw23

...how many years has LT produced

1498902[/snapback]

Every year that he has been in the NFL

how many seasons were teams worried about stopping Brees?

1498902[/snapback]

Only the last two.

Doesn't make any difference though.

Larry Johnson is still the choice.

Shaun Alexander - 2 games against the 49ers,Rams and Cardinals - Enough said!

1498828[/snapback]

Although I am not supposed to make comments and hijack the thread it is worth noting that LJ plays against all those teams this season as well :D