[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You be the judge...

BigMikeinNY

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, the tab was paid the night before. If A picked it up, that is on him. To ask B and C to contribute after the fact is in bad taste. 'A' should chalk it up to a nice night out with the boys and move on.

A, B, and C go out drinking....

A drinks waaaaay too much all night.

When the bill comes at 2am, A is still so drunk that he says that himself will pay for the $400 tab. The tab was created by A, B, and C together. B and C let him pay for the tab...........

When A wakes up in the morning, he wants to know why the heck there is a $400 bar bill on the credit card. A talks to B and C to see what the heck happened, and they tell A the above.

A doesn't remember a thing

You be the judge - What should happen?

I call BS, $400, had to be some table dances involved. A man should pay for his own Table Dances.

You party so hard that you can't remember what you did..... you pay the piper.

A can ask for information on what all went down.... so he knows what he paid for and if he had a good time or not.... but that's about it for A.

As a side note... from the way the question was posed, it does not appear that A is asking for money, but information about a charge to his cc. Not getting the whole story here I am thinking. Need more info.

Usually, when we go out somebody picks up the check. Sometimes its me, sometimes its someone else. It makes it ALOT easier than trying to determine who ate how many french fries and who had 4 beers and who had 5. Screw all that. That is how women act when presented with a bill and I cant stand it. With MEN, somebody gets the check and you go from there. If I picked up a tab, no matter how drunk I was, I would NEVER ask someone to "pay me back". That is in the worst taste imaginable and just stupid.. Now what is even worse is the guy who will never pick up the tab. People know intuitively if its their turn to buy and it all averages out. If somebody is so cheap as to never pick up a tab, then he wont be joining us...

B and C need to tell A that they next time the 3 of them go drinking, B will cover the tab. The time after that, C will cover the tab. A should not object to that idea, since he gets to drink for free for 2 nights. B & C should also be happy, since $400 figures to be the "ceiling" for a 3-person bar tab. Plus, if you KNOW you're paying the tab, you can at least make yourself the "control group" and limit the skyrocketing bill.

Thanks guys!

I was a B or C in this case.

Last night, our buddy called us and said "It's my fault for bein wasted and opening my mouth, the night's on me"

We both thought that was pretty respectable so we gave him $75 each. We are all close, and at some point, I think each one of us will be "A" in the future.

Thanks Huddlers

BigMike

If I was A I would eat the bill. If I was either of B or C I would offer to pay at least my part of the bill. I would also ask the other part of the B or C to also pay his part. I am assuming that A, B, and C are all friends and would like to stay friends. I am also assuming that this could happen again. Take care of A the way that you would want to be treated if you were A.

Treat and be treated.

How about this:

A pays $200, B & C each pay $100--as it is clear that "A" racked up more than his fair share of the bill.

The amounts are negotiable, but I think B & C leaving A to eat the entire tab is pretty low-rent. They drank, and as friends should at least kick SOME money towards their buddy.

Usually, when we go out somebody picks up the check. Sometimes its me, sometimes its someone else. It makes it ALOT easier than trying to determine who ate how many french fries and who had 4 beers and who had 5. Screw all that. That is how women act when presented with a bill and I cant stand it. With MEN, somebody gets the check and you go from there. If I picked up a tab, no matter how drunk I was, I would NEVER ask someone to "pay me back". That is in the worst taste imaginable and just stupid.. Now what is even worse is the guy who will never pick up the tab. People know intuitively if its their turn to buy and it all averages out. If somebody is so cheap as to never pick up a tab, then he wont be joining us...

I've also attempted to move away from haggling over pennies.

I figure if you're all friends, just divvy the bill up equally - if you overpaid or underpaid or whatever, it all evens out in the end.

We went out to a family-style Italian place with a group of 12 - when the bill came, it was ~$300 with tip. I said "hey, $25 a person/$50 a couple and we're all square"; this was unacceptable to a pregnant woman in our group who hadn't been drinking and busted out her calculator. I tossed down $70, said "there, you pay $5, now shut the f up", and walked out to the bar because I suddenly had the need for a strong drink.

Thanks guys!

I was a B or C in this case.

Last night, our buddy called us and said "It's my fault for bein wasted and opening my mouth, the night's on me"

We both thought that was pretty respectable so we gave him $75 each. We are all close, and at some point, I think each one of us will be "A" in the future.

Thanks Huddlers

BigMike

Sounds like the correct solution was reached.

That's all well and good if that's the custom between you and your buddies - but if the common practice among the group is that the bill gets split, or that each guy buys a round in turn, then why did B and C even let a drunken A pick up the whole tab the previous evening? I'm assuming that since this was a big enough issue to come up again the following day then $400 is a meaningful amount to some or all involved - makes no sense to me that A gets stuck for it, by his buddies no less, because he had a few too many.