[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wiegie's quick and easy way to avoid long waits in the ER

wiegie

When you enter the ER and go to the reception/triage desk tell them that you are having problems breathing, that you are on Lipitor and Tricor, and that your father had a heart-attact in his early 50s while one of your maternal uncles had a heart-attack in his late 40s. If you do this, they will tell you to sit your ass down in a wheelchair pronto and then the will wheel you in the back for EKG, bloodwork, IV's, and all sorts of stuff.

Luckily for me, an EKG and blood-enzyme tests suggest that I have not had a heart attack.

X-Rays have also pretty much ruled out that my breathing problems were being caused by tumors in my neck and throat.

So, basically what I seem to have is early-stage pneumonia. The doctors have put me onto anti-biotics and have given me a nebulizer to use if I feel short of breath. Plus a whole bunch of other instructions.

:D

Take care of yourself.

I just saw a thing on the news the other day. There's a hospital in GR that has an average wait time of less than 30 minutes to see a doctor in the ER. They showed how they do it. They have a ton of staff, and it's very organized.

When you enter the ER and go to the reception/triage desk tell them that you are having problems breathing, that you are on Lipitor and Tricor, and that your father had a heart-attact in his early 50s while one of your maternal uncles had a heart-attack in his late 40s. If you do this, they will tell you to sit your ass down in a wheelchair pronto and then the will wheel you in the back for EKG, bloodwork, IV's, and all sorts of stuff.

Luckily for me, an EKG and blood-enzyme tests suggest that I have not had a heart attack.

X-Rays have also pretty much ruled out that my breathing problems were being caused by tumors in my neck and throat.

So, basically what I seem to have is early-stage pneumonia. The doctors have put me onto anti-biotics and have given me a nebulizer to use if I feel short of breath. Plus a whole bunch of other instructions.

:D

Real men don't go to the ER for early-stage pneumonia.

Real men don't go to the ER for early-stage pneumonia.

Yeah, you didn't see Jim Henson go to the freakin' doctor when he came down with pneumonia (though you did see him in a casket shortly thereafter).

Sounds like a scary time in the E.R., and fortunately you got good care. In a well-run E.R. difficulties with breathing and/or chest pain warrant quick evaluation.

Try not to let this happen again, okay? :D

Dam!!! :D I was there last Jan 1st! I found out too late that the fastest way in is an ambulance! Only took 10 mins. though w/o one.

Rules to follow:

Stop smoking those Camel Shorts!

Stop having closed door "Advising Sessions" :D w/ those cute Coeds!

Stop the Pron viewings! Your heart can't take it! You are getting old(er)!

Seriously, glad you're ok! I had pneumonia twice and it's like a gorilla is on your chest!

Our best to you! :bash:

I've got something going on right now too. Doc prescribed Zepac (?)(basically zithromax). It's a quick 5 day dose of anti-biotics...get well soon!

I'm on a 6 day course of Azithromycin (which is basically the same thing you are on, I think). Get well soon!

Yeah, you didn't see Jim Henson go to the freakin' doctor when he came down with pneumonia (though you did see him in a casket shortly thereafter).

Are you comparing wiegie to a puppet maker? No puppet maker is a real man. I'm trying to toughen wiegie up because I care.