[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jumping on the Bandwagon...

Caveman_Nick

Without getting too deep into the gory details (particularly because I don't have many at the moment), My dad is in the hospital today because of a problem with his heart. Today was an exploratoy kind of day, and a difficult one as well.

The Docs went in through the leg with a scope, and found some damage (including some blockage) that can't be repaired. From what I understand, that's not to say that he won't be fine and live a long life so long as he takes proper care of himself and has the right meds, but it doesn't mean he will be either.

As I am sure is the case for just about everyone here, my dad has been the rock in my life. I can't really begin to state the depth of how that is so. Now is a scary and upsetting time, particularly considering his history of diabetes and that he hasn't taken great care of himself.

If you wouldn't mind sending a prayer, a good vibe, a thought, or whatever works for you, I would appreciate it. I'm sure my dad would as well.

thanks.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers sent Nick.. I wish you and yours all the best..Im sure your families support is a big comfort to him..

Edited by whomper

What kind of symptoms prompted him to get scoped like this?

He had a thorough physical that led to a stress test and some other test that pointed out 3 failry minor heart attacks, but that had caused damage. They wanted to find out the extent of the damage before attempting any corrective procedure.

Hope all works out for your dad, you'll be in my prayers. I envy you and your relationship with your dad as mine is a jackass. So cherish him as long as you can but also know that you've had something in your life that I and many others have never had and that is a father that loved you and you loved in return. You would be crushed beyond explanation if something happened to him because of your wonderful relationship and bond you had with him. I on the other hand will be crushed because of the relationship I never had with my father. So feel comfort in knowing that and be strong for him as he was for you throughout your life.

Edited by irish