[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Need...

The Holy Roller

I'm finally willing to spend more than $5.99 at Walmart. I'm looking for something that will protect my vision from some Florida sun and also resist shapnel (might be going to South Florida).

And hiding my eyes whilst viewing any curvey scenery is a must. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finally willing to spend more than $5.99 at Walmart. I'm looking for something that will protect my vision from some Florida sun and also resist shapnel (might be going to South Florida).

And hiding my eyes whilst viewing any curvey scenery is a must. :D

If you wear glasses, I highly suggest prescription shades... Best $ I ever spent!

I currently have a set of raybans, they have been extremely durable, the lenses are great on the water, $100-150 will get you a good pair. I got mine from sunglass hut 3 or so years ago. I tried a pair of expensive glass lense ones, after 2 weeks, they just were not comfortable, too heavy, took them back, full refund/replacement, have been very pleased.

You'll be amazed how much better a good set of lenses allow you to see.

If you're looking for function in particular, my recommendation is Maui Jim.

Ray-Ban and Smith Optics are good too.

I have Revos and the like, but I associate them more with style (even though their stuff is supposed to be hi tech.) In any event, you'll have to spend to get the quality that you want.

Oakleys? :D

I don't do expensive sun glasses any more. That way when I sit on them in the truck or leave them somewhere its all good.

oh common bubba.. you mean to tell me someone as disciplined as yourself can't find a place in the truck to put them?

Edited by Bier Meister

If you are trying to find something that will make you look more attractive, might I suggest this.

THIS ONE is much cooler. Auto-darkening. :D

try out a pair of polarized glasses, you will never wear anything else once you do

+1

I wouldn't wear any other kind.

People who need to perform at a high level while in the sun love these glasses -- professional athletes, baseball umpires, etc

They're a local company here in KC and have some pretty cool polarization technology (dual zone polarization ... different polarization at the top of the lens than at the bottom of the lens).

Edited by muck

i have 3 pairs of smiths. the 2 i like are the recorder and the t-nine. i got turned on to smith's when i was doing some firefighting duties in arizona. the sun there was ridiculous and i wanted to get some polarized lenses to improve clarity. i won't go back to anything else. i wore oakleys for a long time and enjoyed them. i actually still have my old pair for yard work, but i've stayed with smith because they seem to fit the shape of my head better. when i was first shopping for new ones, the 2 things i really cared about were comfort of fit and polarized lenses. after that, it's just looks. good luck in your shopping.

And hiding my eyes whilst viewing any curvey scenery is a must. :tup:

I get'em for 7 tacos a piece at the tool rental joint........2 pair last all year......perfect for any occassion .......:D............ lemme know........ :D

I currently have a set of raybans, they have been extremely durable, the lenses are great on the water, $100-150 will get you a good pair. I got mine from sunglass hut 3 or so years ago. I tried a pair of expensive glass lense ones, after 2 weeks, they just were not comfortable, too heavy, took them back, full refund/replacement, have been very pleased.

You'll be amazed how much better a good set of lenses allow you to see.

Our Minnesota Huddlers might be familiar with a catalog up that way called The Sportsman's Guide. A few years ago I purchased a few pairs of Raybans that were a discontined style. I paid something like 10-15 bucks each and I still have 2 pairs left. They are the semi-wrap around kind that you can put on with one hand as they don't have the curved part behind the ears. These come in very handy for me at work and they are very hard to break although I managed to break one pair. Best money I ever spent on shades. Look up The Sportsman's guide online as he usually has all kinds of stuff at bargain prices, including name brand shades. Some of his stuff isn't that great of a deal while other stuff is.

either www.sportsmansguide.com or www.thesportsmansguide.com

I also have a pair of Gargoles and also a pair of Killer Loops that I use in the car, etc.