[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Truly awful call on Heap

msaint

Not a Heap owner, or Bengals or Ravens fan, but that was a horrible offensive PI call on Heap. Why do the refs have to make themselves part of the game.?

Oh, and now here's a makup call by the ref who KNOWS he blew the first call. What a sham,

Yea, it was a bad call...but they got 3 more chances to get it just there. Any offense that has that many shots at the TD within 5 to 10 yards should be able to eventually punch it in. They could have easily ran the ball again, they had plenty of time. Instead they put the game in Kyle Boller's hands.

Yes, it was a very, very bad call...but the offensive play calls after they got a first down were even worse.

I agree on the Heap call--but do you think Boller could've thrown it any f'n harder! Holy Schnykey's! Basically from! "point-blank" range and he throws a 140 mph bullet to his receiver---no wonder it popped off his shoulder pad and into the hands of a Bengal!

Yea, it was a bad call...but they got 3 more chances to get it just there. Any offense that has that many shots at the TD within 5 to 10 yards should be able to eventually punch it in. They could have easily ran the ball again, they had plenty of time. Instead they put the game in Kyle Boller's hands.

Yes, it was a very, very bad call...but the offensive play calls after they got a first down were even worse.

Yep, they should have run it four times from the five-yard line. And certainly 3 times from the 2 yard line....odd playcalling.

Which should never have been a factor, seeing the ref blew the call on Heap....just brutal.

I agree - it was a TERRIBLE call! I'm really annoyed with the call and I don't care for Baltimore. I can't imagine how frustrated the Baltimore fans are now.

Still, Baltimore should have ran it in after the penalty. Billick is suppose to be the "Offensive Guru" - not.

Edited by Tega

I agree on the Heap call--but do you think Boller could've thrown it any f'n harder! Holy Schnykey's! Basically from! "point-blank" range and he throws a 140 mph bullet to his receiver---no wonder it popped off his shoulder pad and into the hands of a Bengal!

Meh, no excuses. You are a receiver and the ball hit you in the chest. You should make the catch 90% of the time. You can't loft passes from that close with the defense waiting for it. The TE dump (around the goal line) is basically like a slant. You throw it hard and fast where only the receiver can catch it (as long as he doesn't tip it up). Still a bad call on the PI, but Baltimore did have there chances (I'm no fan of either team).

The call against Heap was ridiculous.

Despite all the turnovers, despite all the injuries, despite some fairly odd play calling, the Ravens still had a chance to tie the game. Once again guys like Ed Reed stepped up to keep us within striking distance, once again the offense frittered our chances away.

Almost makes me miss Vinny T and the Ravens losing 48-42 every week back in the late 90s :D

Meh, no excuses. You are a receiver and the ball hit you in the chest. You should make the catch 90% of the time. You can't loft passes from that close with the defense waiting for it. The TE dump (around the goal line) is basically like a slant. You throw it hard and fast where only the receiver can catch it (as long as he doesn't tip it up). Still a bad call on the PI, but Baltimore did have there chances (I'm no fan of either team).

That ball was thrown before he turned around and it went off his hand and face mask. Not many if any would have caught that pass.

Agree with this. Boller looked like he was playing dodgeball!