[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grits and Shins... Truce..

Schleprock

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best. My mom was diagnosed with uterean cancer back in December. It was a tough time and if it weren't for family and friends it would have been tougher. Use them for support, they're there for a reason.

My mom is in full remission now, here's to hoping the same for you.

Edited by twiley

I found out today that my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. From what I've gathered from the doctors, it's very serious(not that any cancer isn't). I'd like to think that we're both big enough to let anything between us rest. We may disagree on some things, but at this point in time I need to focus my thoughts to positive things. As such, I'm more than willing to admit defeat. My buddy and I are still very close. He's let it go, I've let it go, and I really hope that you will too. To those that have had siginificant others battle this disease, I now know exactly how you feel. I've been kicked in the nuts, but realize the fight's just begun.

Sorry for littering the board. It's a cathartic mechanism for me.......

Sorry to hear. The best of luck to you and your family.

The outpouring of support from this board is nothing short of amazing. Now I know why I've been coming back year after year after year. I'm truly humbled.

Thank you.

I come back because I want to win Smackbowl and that goddamn NFL helmet, but to each his own I guess. :D

Remember, your family must be your mother's #1 advocate during this process. The doctors will not best manager her care. They will simply try to keep their costs down. Accept nothing less than the best and most aggressive care. Force the doctors to work for your mother, even if it means going outside of your plan and seeking the best in the field at her particular cancer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mother, and your family.

Please send me a PM with your last name. I am going to ask my priest to mention your family in our prayer at church tomorrow morning.

It’s sad that grits didn’t show up to wish your family well after you requested a truce…..classless move.

Hang in there man. I lost my mom to the nasty C-word. I'm thankful that she didn't linger though. My thoughts and prayers go out to your mom that she can become a heavyweight prize fighter against this disease. She'll need plenty of encouragement also. That's where you come in. The Huddle vibes are at work so stay tough.