[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Short Update on Clubfoothead's Baby

alchico

Heard from clubbie today and he asked me to let everyone know what was going on with his baby. It's been a rough couple of days for him and he'll be on here to tell you more when he gets some rest. He is going to need the money you all so generously donated. I'll be hooking up with him tomorrow to make arrangements to get him the funds.

This is the crux of the PM he sent me:

They did the sonogram. The baby definitely has a heart defect. By itself that is treatable. The way it goes is all babys with this heart defect don't have Down's but virtually all babies with Downs have this heart defect. As long as they cannot rule out Downs, they cannot rule out the fatal genetic disorders (T13, 18 and 21 I think). My next daughter is not going to be born completely healthy and is at a minimum going to have heart problems. And that's as good as news as we are going to get.

So they did the amneocentisis (sp?). Hopefully we will hear from the doctor late tomorrow with the results, otherwise Monday. I'll update everyone when we know what's going to happen.

Feel free to let everyone know what's going on and tell them my family cannot thank them enough for the support. With all the friends and family that have been calling since we got home an hour ago, I just don't feel like talking about it anymore. I didn't sleep at all last night and as soon as I put my daughter down for her nap, I'm going to try and catch one myself. I look forward to the day when I can return the favor.

I had really hoped to be spending this afternoon debating the most worthy charities to give the money to but like I said, today was not our day.