[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy birthday Mom

loaf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she found out she's got lymphona today, Her 65th. She starts chemo on Monday. 6 hour drip per treatment. Here's to you.

My mother has a similar type of cancer. My thoughts are with your mom loaf.

Thoughts and prayers out to you both.

well, things have mulitiplied since I posted this. my grandfather, who's 91 was flown in from Florida due to dehydration. He spent a week in the hospital. His wife, my step grandma, came up a few days later. Grandpa is getting stronger and better. Evelyn (step-grandma) was by his side. I fly down to Atlanta for New Year's and get a call that Evelyn has an ulcer that perforated her stomache and she is going to emergency surgery. Fast forward to Wednesday...they say that they are going to take Evelyn off of life support. Everyone expects the worst. Of course, Grandpa is kept in the dark. No need to alarm him. Miracles of all miracles, Evelyn is starting to show signs of recuperating. This after she had no chance after being taken off of life support.

Then I get a call from Dad that my Mom's iron is low. So they say that if this iron program works, then Mom won't need chemo.

So I've been dealing with Mom, Grandpa and Step Grandma all this week. And there's good news concerning all. I hope it continues...

well, things have mulitiplied since I posted this. my grandfather, who's 91 was flown in from Florida due to dehydration. He spent a week in the hospital. His wife, my step grandma, came up a few days later. Grandpa is getting stronger and better. Evelyn (step-grandma) was by his side. I fly down to Atlanta for New Year's and get a call that Evelyn has an ulcer that perforated her stomache and she is going to emergency surgery. Fast forward to Wednesday...they say that they are going to take Evelyn off of life support. Everyone expects the worst. Of course, Grandpa is kept in the dark. No need to alarm him. Miracles of all miracles, Evelyn is starting to show signs of recuperating. This after she had no chance after being taken off of life support.

Then I get a call from Dad that my Mom's iron is low. So they say that if this iron program works, then Mom won't need chemo.

So I've been dealing with Mom, Grandpa and Step Grandma all this week. And there's good news concerning all. I hope it continues...

Wow. definitely a lot to go through in a short period of time.

Continued prayers.

I just saw this thread. My thoughts and prayers are with your family for continued good news. Stay strong.

Man, loaf. That's a ton to deal with. I'll keep your mom, grandpa, and grandma in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully they all come through.

wow. Hope for the best there.

Thanks all! It's nothing short of a miracle that Evelyn didn't pass away and defied all odds by actually improving her vitals...Mom's news was a welcomed relief as well. I'll keep you updated.

Sorry to hear of your loss Loaf. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.