[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need ideas for a department outing

Puddy

We usually do one thing as a department each year around May-June. We have 30 or so people in the department and are searching for ideas that will appeal to a broad age group (early 20's - late 50's). We only have 3 males in the department. Things we've done in the past:

Bowling (couple of times)

Tiger game

Trip to Henry Ford Museum :wacko:

IMAX Theatre

Ideally, it would be an activity that encourages interactivity. Bowling has always been the best of what we've done simply for this reason. Baseball game is great and relaxing but you don't really interact much.

Have you tried whirly ball? It's like polo with bumper cars. I've never tried it, but I've heard it's a riot. Apparently, one has opened up in Novi.

http://www.whirlyballmichigan.com/

Yep, that is a blast. We did that on a smaller scale years ago. I'll have to look into it and see how many 'courts' they have as you can only have 10 people playing on a court at a time.

I know there are at least a couple of people in the department that won't play due to their age/pysical limitations.

We usually do one thing as a department each year around May-June. We have 30 or so people in the department and are searching for ideas that will appeal to a broad age group (early 20's - late 50's). We only have 3 males in the department. Things we've done in the past:

Wet tee-shirt contest with a 3-judge panel?

spftnballa

I think he's suggesting that you should play a company softball game?

pilates contest :wacko:

seriously:

group cooking class

company bbq/mini-olympic (ala mr. mom)... or bag the olympics and just have some casual activities (volleyball, ringtoss, etc.)

sloshball (keg on 2nd base; tequila shots at 3rd)

pilates contest :wacko:

seriously:

group cooking class

company bbq/mini-olympic (ala mr. mom)... or bag the olympics and just have some casual activities (volleyball, ringtoss, etc.)

sloshball (keg on 2nd base; tequila shots at 3rd)

:D

Have you tried whirly ball? It's like polo with bumper cars. I've never tried it, but I've heard it's a riot. Apparently, one has opened up in Novi.

http://www.whirlyballmichigan.com/

That is seriously fun. We used to rent out the place in Enfield, CT and bring cases of beer. It was great.

Something else that might be fun is if you get a scanner and umm... nevermind.

Bowling (couple of times)

Tiger game

Trip to Henry Ford Museum :wacko:

IMAX Theatre

Ideally, it would be an activity that encourages interactivity. Bowling has always been the best of what we've done simply for this reason. Baseball game is great and relaxing but you don't really interact much.

Golf is always an option. While it seems less social because you are braking of into groups, so long as you make the groups of people that would not normally pair themselves up you end up with a little more one-on-one time with folks that would not otherwise take that opportunity.

Make some kind of a bestball/scramble contest of it. Then afterwards everybody gathers for food and drinks.

Museum is also a (much more ghey) option.

There's also the option of seeing if people want to do some kind of a volunteer effort.

Go to the Belle Isle zoo and then have a picnic up there.

It's a small zoo, it takes about 1 hour to walk through, so it's not too strenuous.

not a bad idea if it included families. We did that several years back for the company i used to work for but at the Detroit Zoo. Fun day. I'm a big zoo fan though also.