[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homer Wish List

i_am_the_swammi

I'll get things started for the Eagles, who came with 9 minutes of reaching their 2nd Super Bowl in 5 years. While most franchises would be happy with getting to 5 NFC Championship games in 8 years, falling short this time left a taste like no other. With the team expected to return most of their starters at the key positions, there is room for upgrades at some very important spots:

TE: LJ Smith is all but gone, after underperforming yet again after bein franchised this year. Rumors swirled in late October that the Eagles and Chiefs were talking about a deal for Gonzales (reportedly a 3rd round pick, though word has it the deal stalled when Peterson upped his ask to a 2nd-round selection). Now with Gonzales reportedly making waves of wanting a trade yet again, it would behoove the Eagles to make KC an offer they couldn't refuse. Plan B: Bo Scaife, another pass-catching TE that would serve McNabb well.

WR: I have long defended the Eagles thinking that, in this offense, a couple above-average WRs could do well enough to offset the lack of a big-time WR. With Curtis being injured for the first 8 games of the year, and rookie Desean Jackson learning the ropes, the gelling didn't happen fast enough, and the Eagles got off to a 5-5-1 start. However, both performed down the stretch and into the playoffs, and the offense looked solid even without a true running threat with Westbrook injured much of the year. However, the NFC Championship game reconfirmed what a huge target means to an offense. Fitzgerald was everything the Eagles didn't have, and it showed more than ever on their final fateful drive. Without breaking the bank, it would be a huge addition to get a true #1 WR, freeing up Jackson for some one-on-one deep balls, and allow Curtis to move into the slot and thrive in Welker/Stokely fashion. Boldin or Houshmanzadeh would be excellent fits, and it was refreshing to hear on 950ESPN radio that Housh spent more than a few moments campaigning to Reid when the teams met this year.

OT: With Tre Thomas and John Runyan both free agents, word is they will only bring back one of them, and the favorite at this point to leave is Runyan. Runyan had surgery on Monday to remove some cartiledge from his knee, and he himself stated he won't see the field until June. Too much room for error to risk signing him over Thomas. If the Panthers opt to franchise Peppers and take their chances with free agent Gross, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles overpay for an OL anchor for the next 6-8 years. Plan B: Marvel Smith (assuming his back is OK), or Mike Goff.....Andrews could easilu slide to tackle, freeing up the RG position.

Lesser needs may include DT (run-stuffer, though not in the Haynesworth price range), RB (Jacobs-like short-yardage option to spell Westbrook), S (Dawkins will be re-signed, but is becoming a liabitlity in coverage), and perhaps even K (Akers range from 45+ is faltering).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Birk at center and draft the best available guard or center. I'd settle for the Ravens center

A tightend that rhymes with Boney Blonshalez

A pass rushing end or linebacker at #11

A decent back-up QB

A playmaking strong safety if Donte moves to free safety if not, a play making FS

A coach.

...and at least three fat guys for the lines taken in the first five rounds of the upcoming draft...preferrably OT in the 1st, DE in the 2nd or 3rd, and OG/C in the 4th or 5th...

...a veteran QB to challenge / mentor Thigpen...

...two linebackers...one inside and one outside...at least one of which is taken in the first three rounds of the upcoming draft...

...if, with our first five picks, we went:

OT

DE or LB

LB or DE

OG/C

LB

...I would be happy...

Matt Birk at center and draft the best available guard or center. I'd settle for the Ravens center

A tightend that rhymes with Boney Blonshalez

A pass rushing end or linebacker at #11

A decent back-up QB

A playmaking strong safety if Donte moves to free safety if not, a play making FS

:wacko:

PS - This is for the Bills.

For the Steelers, I think it is pretty simple. In this order:

OT - Marvel Smith, Max Starks, & Trai Essesx are UFA's. Willie Colon is a RFA, but, is more suited for G than T. I think the Steelers let Marvel walk and sign the younger Starks. Essex might move elsewhere, and they will sign Colon, but, I know they would love to move him to Guard. That makes tackle a hugh need. I look for them address this in BOTH early rounds of the draft and free agency.

DE - Aaron Smith is running out of time, and this is a very important position in their defense. They will look to find a future replacement for Smith and add some young depth.

OG - Chris Keomatau is a UFA, but, I expect the Steelers to make a strong effort to keep him. He has been inconsistent, but, does have some talent and he is young. If Colon can move to Guard that helps, but, I still think the Steelers need to add depth.

Center - Hartwig was decent, and a HUGH improvement over last year's debacle, but, i would like to see the Steelers snag a young Center, if the opportunity presents itself.

WR - I think Nate Washington might demand a bit too much money. I hope I'm wrong and he stays, but, I could see the Steelers getting out-bid. That would open up a need at WR.

Other than this and some secondary depth, I feel pretty good about where the Steelers are at coming back next year.

Edited by Menudo

For the Bears:

One shutdown Corner via the draft.

Move Tillman to FS and put Payne at SS.

Get a DT to play next to Tommie Harris...in the mold of McMichael.

Develop Craig Steltz cause that kid can hit.

draft or trade for a large outside WR with better than average speed...but mostly a crisp route runner.

develop a Tommie Waddle type slot receiver.

Get a couple of O-lineman for the guard positions and draft a prospect at tackle.

Pray that Orton can improve with improved weapons.

Jets:

First and foremost, no Favre. Clemens or Ratliff can hand the ball off just as well as Favre can. The Jets need to drop the 13 mil hit Favre puts on the salary cap.

CB: Ryan hired Doug Plank, THE Doug Plank that the 46 defense was named after. If you want to run this D, you need two very good CB's that can play man coverage. Revis is one, and I imagine the Jets go for a CB with their first round pick. V Davis may still be on the board when they pick.

RB: Jones and Washington remained healthy all year, and that is unlikely to happen again.The Jets need another all-purpose RB behind Jones. Donald Brown of UCONN fits that description and might be there in the second round. Reasonable speed, can run with some power between the tackles. If the Jets run as much as Ryan has indicated they will, RB has to be a priority. FB Tony Richardson wants to return, and that would be a very good idea.

LB: Can Ryan turn Gholston from bust into at least a situational pass rusher? If Barton doesn't get signed, there is a big need at ILB to play alongside Harris. Pace has proven he can't play in coverage as a 3-4 OLB. Lots of talk about Ray-Ray (I doubt that) or Bart Scott (more likely).

Safety: The Jets could use a cover safety to let Rhodes loose and play the 46 as Plank did in Chicago.

OL: The starters are fine, but also dodged the injury bullet. Depth needs to be addressed.

WR: I see the Jets standing pat here. Cotch, Coles, Stuckey should be enough to run the offense which will not pass a whole lot. Clowney, the fastest WR on the roster waits in the wings for his chance.

Colts:

- big D improvement, esp along the DL and extra-esp DT. A BIG, space-eating DT, no more freakin midgets. And as long as we're dreaming, I'd like a pony.

- a big change at RB. Addai is so unfreakinreliable. If the D wasn't in such desperate shape, I'd love to see them nab the best avail w/the #1 even (which of course will not happen).

- a legit replacement (at least potentially) for Harrison. Not saying I'd expect the same talent/production, just a good quality starter.

- a diff coach.