[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emotional affairs

devilwoman

There's this one time in Bangkok...

...Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist

Whose every move's among the purest

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble

Not much between despair and ecstasy

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble

Can't be too careful with your company

I can feel the devil walking next to me

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's this one time in Bangkok...

...Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist

Whose every move's among the purest

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble

Not much between despair and ecstasy

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble

Can't be too careful with your company

I can feel the devil walking next to me

In all seriousness, I have been in spots with 'other women' that have started innocently enough that have turned into a vortex of sexual tension real quick.. Made it out of some of them, some I did not.. Best to just avoid putting myself in those situations.. Which is what I have been doing for the past several years..

If mere sexual tension is a crime, then we're all guilty. Well, at least the attractive people.

I don't even know what line you cross to enter into "emotional affair" territory. I suppose it would be sharing intimate feelings and thoughts with another person that would normally be reserved for your spouse.

I would think so too, but I would also say that it probably would have something to do with the conversations that were being had. If they were just confiding in each other I don't see much of a problem with that. If he/she were just looking for some insight from a person other than their spouse in personal matters I don't see what difference it makes. If the conversations were more playful/sexual in content then I think it would just be a matter of time & opportunity before it turned more physical.

The first is my idea of the "workplace spouse".

The latter is the emotional affair, with the flirting, etc.

Most women take hour to say something that can be said in ten minutes, and half of what is said, guys really just don't give two chits about. So, If I'm going to listen to a woman describe her day to me, and tell me all about so and so that I don't know, and the problems that they are having, I'm getting laid, or working on getting laid. I'm sure not going to do it for the hell of it.

:wacko:

She called me T_Boner :wacko:

dude...that was irish... :D

Took the words right out of my mouth. :2cents::D:D:D

I don't even know what line you cross to enter into "emotional affair" territory. I suppose it would be sharing intimate feelings and thoughts with another person that would normally be reserved for your spouse.

I think a pretty simple line to draw, for me, would be if you are thinking about them more and/or sharing more with them than your spouse. like this one couple we know that are going through a divorce right now. he was involved in an "emotional affair" that he swears never went any further. this guy went through a cancer scare a few years ago, and has to get regular checkups to make sure everything's kosher. well, from cell phone records, she could tell that after he got positive news from his last checkup, he called the "emotional affair" chick before he called his soon-to-be-ex-wife.

How many guys aren't answering because they're afraid their wife monitors the boards? Wimmens are sneaky like that.

Huh. I was taking this as DW is involved "emotionally" with someone and wanted to know if it was going to be detrimental to her marriage. And of course it will be.

While I have never had an "emotional affair" I would think that they probably exist as "emotional affairs" are nothing more than big time flirting and setting of ground rules for the "actual affair".

Admit it, words weren't the only thing in your mouth

When I threw that softball up there I almost deleted it and wrote something else but I was interested to see who would be the first to comment. :wacko: You were on a short list of dark-horses.

When you dont feel comfortable telling your spouse the nature of a relationship, whatever you want to labe that relationship as, it isnt right. I would think that line is different for everyone, but if you arent sure if its right, it probably isnt.

Probably why Twileys avatars are ruining my marriage.

A physical affair would be a pretty gut wrenching betrayal IMO. An emotional affair would be pretty unbearable as well. I read an emotional affair as you sort of falling for another person and making an innapropriate connection with someone. When I went to Ohio and had a torrid 3 day affair with Steelbunz it was physical and emotional.. I hit an exacta. She nixed me on the trifecta :wacko:

A physical affair would be a pretty gut wrenching betrayal IMO. An emotional affair would be pretty unbearable as well. I read an emotional affair as you sort of falling for another person and making an innapropriate connection with someone. When I went to Ohio and had a torrid 3 day affair with Steelbunz it was physical and emotional.. I hit an exacta. She nixed me on the trifecta :wacko:

Oh man......lol. :D

I'm not sure whether a statement like this will have everyone booking flights to Columbus......or never coming here.....lol. :D

And thanks you guys......now I sound like an emotional slut/tease. :D I'm touched.....lol. :sigh:

And I refuse to answer the original question on grounds of emotional incrimination. :D

Oh man......lol. :D

I'm not sure whether a statement like this will have everyone booking flights to Columbus......or never coming here.....lol. :wacko:

And thanks you guys......now I sound like an emotional slut/tease. :DI'm touched.....lol. :sigh:

And I refuse to answer the original question on grounds of emotional incrimination. :D

Sounds like you were.... many times over.