[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Finally Did It!

jaxfactor

HHGREGG was having a sale on HD TVs. My credit isn't great by all means, so I decided to go down to the store and see what they could do for me. Gave me a $1500 credit limit and so I went for this deal with 24 months no interest. I figure I can either wait till I get my income tax return and pay cash for it, or I can get it now and really enjoy the football/hockey seasons. I'll pay it off anyway when I do get my return. It's only a 40 incher, but compared to my 27" TV I've been watching, it's hugh! Plus I got a free home theater system with a bluray player. That was the clincher. I have hard wood floors in my small house and this thing is gonna sound awesome when I get it up and running. Gotta cut the grass right now, and I'm pretty stupid when it comes to hooking electronics up, so I'm hoping I have it set up this evening some time. Of course I have to contact Directv and get an HD reciever. I may just wait until I do that. Here's what I got:

SONY Bravia "W" Series

I'm out of the dark ages! At least when I get it all hooked up. :wacko:

Suh-weet...I've got a 40" Sony Bravia in the bedroom. It's a snap to hook up. Get an HDMI cable and yer about done. It's a great TV with a great picture and sound. No complaints at all.

We're getting our first HHGregg here in town soon. They bought an old Circuit City location just down the street from work and are about to open. :wacko:

Suh-weet...I've got a 40" Sony Bravia in the bedroom. It's a snap to hook up. Get an HDMI cable and yer about done. It's a great TV with a great picture and sound. No complaints at all.

We're getting our first HHGregg here in town soon. They bought an old Circuit City location just down the street from work and are about to open. :wacko:

Thanks, Timmy! I could have got the 46" non "W" series for the same price, but it didn't have the free home theater system included. I have been dreaming of a home theater system since I moved into this house 11 years ago. It will sound bad ass with hard wood floors.

i have been looking at the v and w for a little bit. will likely be buying that same tv in about a week. just sold my 3 year old bravia to a friend.... been very happy with sony's products.

:wacko:

Edited by Bier Meister

Congrats... I dig my techie gizmos.

may wanna consider one of these...

Polk subwoofer for $120 with free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-M...8376&sr=1-1

Are you gonna make me get all audiophile on your ass? :wacko:

Specific product remommendations are not a good idea. His room, his hardwood floors, his ears and most especially his budget will determine if and when a subwoofer is a worthwhile investment. Recommending a specific subwoofer to him is like telling him to go buy an Mercedes AMG55 when he really needs a pickup.

Are you gonna make me get all audiophile on your ass? :D

Specific product remommendations are not a good idea. His room, his hardwood floors, his ears and most especially his budget will determine if and when a subwoofer is a worthwhile investment. Recommending a specific subwoofer to him is like telling him to go buy an Mercedes AMG55 when he really needs a pickup.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you trying to impose logic and reasoning on the Interweb? I'm going to have to turn you in. : :wacko:

Anyway, congrats on the HD. I've been addicted for awhile and don't know what life was like before my toys. GL.

My 10-year-old 32" Toshiba is doing the job; until it dies I'm holding out. My wife occasionally gives me a hard time about it, but we're saving for a house. I figure the selection, prices and performance of the HD sets are only improving, and our old set has a great picture for a conventional screen.

Are you gonna make me get all audiophile on your ass? :wacko:

meh... they look cool and go boom boom boom. you know about 13Hz don't you? you know... like the resonance of a Harley?