[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you work

Infinity

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for a for a lighting rep agency. We are the factory rep for about 65 lighting fixture companies in our territory. These are commercial & industrial fixtures so we rep the products and sell through electrical distributors who in turn sell to electrical contractors (most people think of retail and don't really know my industry exists so it's tough to describe in an elevator speech). Anyway, I kind of switched from lighting to specializing in lighting control systems. So I sell the lighting control systems (which are required by code on buildings larger than 5000 sq ft) that turn your lights on and off according to a schedule along with the occupancy sensors that keep you from wasting energy (it might be considered part of the green economy :wacko: but all my products are made in the US or are at least qualified for "Buy American" designated government projects).

Telecom project management. Started in Atlanta, now telecommute from MD. Take a conference call, check out the Tailgate, Pandora, send some emails, look up critters for my aquarium, post something sarcastic in the Tailgate, take a call from the boss....

I work for a for a lighting rep agency. We are the factory rep for about 65 lighting fixture companies in our territory. These are commercial & industrial fixtures so we rep the products and sell through electrical distributors who in turn sell to electrical contractors (most people think of retail and don't really know my industry exists so it's tough to describe in an elevator speech). Anyway, I kind of switched from lighting to specializing in lighting control systems. So I sell the lighting control systems (which are required by code on buildings larger than 5000 sq ft) that turn your lights on and off according to a schedule along with the occupancy sensors that keep you from wasting energy (it might be considered part of the green economy :wacko: but all my products are made in the US or are at least qualified for "Buy American" designated government projects).

I remember when we first started putting energy management systems in. I was running a punch list on a building about midnight one night. I was the only one there, and all of a sudden I started seeing the lights go out in cross-corridors. It really freaked me out for about 30 seconds until I realized what it was.

I remember when we first started putting energy management systems in. I was running a punch list on a building about midnight one night. I was the only one there, and all of a sudden I started seeing the lights go out in cross-corridors. It really freaked me out for about 30 seconds until I realized what it was.

:D Yea, my biggest complaints usually come from the cleaning staff. The ones that turn a light on when they clean a room and leave it on all night. It turns out that the owner of the building didn't want to pay the lighting bill for running the lights all night just so they didn't have to write anything down :wacko:

Lead automotive tech for a small independent shop in New Orleans. Tried to leave this past summer to work on yachts but found the money better and the work more consistent in the automotive industry.

Aw dang, sorry to hear that didn't pan out. Sure seemed like a heckuvan opportunity at the time.

Oh and enterprise architect for a fortune 50 company.

Fur Seal Cluber... Actually that's my dream job, out in the great wilds of the Northwest, nothing but me, my club, and those fuzzy soft warm pelts rubbing up against my bare, naked body while I lounge in the slowly melting ice pack to the glow of a crackling fire and the scent of coniferous evergreens gently wafting through the air.

In Actuality, I am VP of operations for a medium sized construction company specializing in self storage facilities. I also do feasibility studies and development advisory for clients. In my previous work I was a Broker for Cushman and Wakefiled specializing in Multi-Family sales.

Edited by SEC=UGA