[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of my best days in a LONG time

Menudo

I've been working on a project team over the last three years. I have loved the job, worked extremely hard and accomplished a lot on the team, but, the travel was tough. I was told that I was a great candidate for promotion, but, the fact that I was un-willing to re-locate was making it almost impossible for them to find me a job at my local plant.

Today I interviewed for what everyone was considering a "longshot" job. It was two levels above me, and it is rare to jump two levels. It also would be allowed to work remotely. They didn't interview everyone who applied, and I was one that they chose, so, I at least felt I had a shot, albeit a long-shot. They were interviewing 9 people, the otherl 8 of which were already at least one level above me, some two levels above me for 4 positions, only one of those positions of which I remotely qualified for. I felt relaxed at the interview, because I felt I had little to no chance. I felt I had a great interview, but, left still feeling that I didn't have much hope.

On my drove home, I got a call that literally gave me the chills. It was from the hiring Manager and he offered me the position.. I seriously haven't felt this happy since my son was born. This is a HUGH, two-jump promotion for me, and more importantly, I get to stay at home and travel a ton less than I do now. It was quite simply my dream job scenario and it has come true. I feel like my hard work paid off, I'm proud of myself, and since I'm often posting whoa's me posts, I had to share my day of excitement with one of my favorite groups of people.

I've been working on a project team over the last three years. I have loved the job, worked extremely hard and accomplished a lot on the team, but, the travel was tough. I was told that I was a great candidate for promotion, but, the fact that I was un-willing to re-locate was making it almost impossible for them to find me a job at my local plant.

Today I interviewed for what everyone was considering a "longshot" job. It was two levels above me, and it is rare to jump two levels. It also would be allowed to work remotely. They didn't interview everyone who applied, and I was one that they chose, so, I at least felt I had a shot, albeit a long-shot. They were interviewing 9 people, the otherl 8 of which were already at least one level above me, some two levels above me for 4 positions, only one of those positions of which I remotely qualified for. I felt relaxed at the interview, because I felt I had little to no chance. I felt I had a great interview, but, left still feeling that I didn't have much hope.

On my drove home, I got a call that literally gave me the chills. It was from the hiring Manager and he offered me the position.. I seriously haven't felt this happy since my son was born. This is a HUGH, two-jump promotion for me, and more importantly, I get to stay at home and travel a ton less than I do now. It was quite simply my dream job scenario and it has come true. I feel like my hard work paid off, I'm proud of myself, and since I'm often posting whoa's me posts, I had to share my day of excitement with one of my favorite groups of people.

You shouldn't be on the cell phone whilst driving! :tup: JK!

Be proud. Sometimes hardwork pays off!

Big congrats to you! :tup::wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

:wacko:

Nothing says celebrating a new job like buying Huddle memberships for your friends at work... that's all I am saying.

Congrats!

Congrats! Great news!

Congrats man. Keep up the good work. Now since you still work under me, go get me a sammich. NOW! :wacko:

Did your promotion have an asterisk next to it?

:tup: Just kidding...congrats. :wacko:

Nicely done, Menudo! Good for you and your family!!

Thanks everyone. I actually should have known it as my day. On my way home from the interview, I was cruising down a 45 mph zone, kind of daydreaming about the interview. Noticed a cop going by on the other side and in my rear-view, I saw him do a U-turn and come back behind me. I of course slowed down, but, knew I was doomed. He waited a bit and then turned on the lights. He asked me where I was going, and I told him "Home to Pennsylvania" He asked if I was in a hurry for something. I told him "No, I just had a job interview and was kind of daydreaming thinking of that." He told me that I was going 60 in a 45 and was kind of giving the tough-guy attitude. I was shocked when he came back with a warning !!! I've probably had 5 or 6 speeding tickets in my life, and this is the first time I've ever gotten a warning. I should have known it was going to be a good day. :wacko:

Thanks again everyone. I still can't get the smile off my face. :tup: