[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers and Positive thoughts .....

theprofessor

My father in law (Ray) who is 74 years old had a hemorraghic stroke last week on his way to the golf course. This type of stroke is the most serious type with a 50% higher death rate than a normal blood clot type stroke. Ray is in great physical condition, works out every morning with cardio and weight training. He is a season ticket holder for Oregon State football and is a tremendous christian man.

There were no warning signs at all and our family is devastated by this. 3 days after the stroke he was able to squeeze my hand (cognitive, not reactionary) and also give me a thumbs up when responding to my questions. On Friday he took a turn for the worse and is not responding to voice or touch. He has not opened his eyes since this occurred and the doctors spoke to us yesterday to tell us that if we take him off his ventilator he will have a heart attack and die. We are meeting as a family today to make a decision on what to do. I would appreciate your prayers for Ray and to give our family some strength and comfort through these next few days. TIA

:wacko: I don't even know what to say... Sorry for bothering you with emails regarding our draft, as you clearly have far more important things to deal with. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

Thanks guys for all your comments and prayers. The family met yesterday to make sure everyone was on the same page to do what's right and to do what Ray would have wanted. He's a very prideful man and would want to live only if it was in a meaningful way. They did an MRI on him yesterday which clouded the issue even more for why he's taken this turn for the worse. They are running an EEG on him this morning to check his brain activity. His pulmonoligist is telling us that the most we can expect is for him to be bed ridden and breathing and eating from a tube for the rest of his life. We know, that is not what he would want. If the EEG comes back with no hope we will probably make a decision to take him off the ventilator until he has a cardiac event and passes.

This was so unexpected and sudden. Pick up the phone today and call your parents and tell them that you love them. Tell your children every day how much they mean to you. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feelings.

Edited by theprofessor

:wacko: I don't even know what to say... Sorry for bothering you with emails regarding our draft, as you clearly have far more important things to deal with. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

How could you have known? Thanks for the thoughtful response. The draft is a welcome release for me when going through these things.

I am so sorry to hear this ... my dad and I are close and see each other often. A big hole in my life will show up when he's gone...I cannot imagine what your wife is going through. I will continue to pray for your family.