[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty scared right now

Sugar Magnolia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In these types of situations I never allow myself to "think the worst." Until you know for sure there is no reason to put yourself through the wringer. Positive thoughts. I've seen so many people go through these kinds of "scares" only to have it turn out less serious than initially thought. What your body does not need right now is additional stress. Convince yourself it will all work out okay. Because you just don't know until you know. Ya know? Best wishes and chin up fantasy girl.

Just curious sugar. Is there a medical reason for this or is this just the soonest they can schedule you ?

That was my first question as well.

Know that you will be in our prayers. Know that there are some things you have no control over, and that what will come will come. I remember when our oldest daughter had some fairly serious medical issues at birth and had to have three surgeries in her first year that just knowing that I could only do what I could do and leave the rest up to the doctors and God, it helped me. My wife fretted over it pretty bad, but I was able to be pretty well at peace with it. My wife actually got kind of pissed at me thinking that I didn't care, but it wasn't that I didn't care it was that I knew that I was doing all that I could do, and couldn't do anything more, and that fretting over it wasn't helping me or my daughter. She ended up just fine. Something you might ponder:

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks everyone. Did exchange a couple of PM's with Chargerz between appts with GP and GYN.

I have chosen to do a "surgical biopsy--D&C" so the earliest time is 9/13. My GYN only does surgical procedures on Mondays and there is a Labor day in there as well. I could have had an endometrial biopsy done that day, but because this procedure is extremely painful for me based on my anatomy, plus if it is polyps, I would have to have an D&C or another procedure anyway, I chose to wait for the D&C. Matt ,unfortunately this isn't fibroids, that has been ruled out. It is either cancer, pre-cancer hyperplasia, or polyps. I think I would have an easier time if I knew people who had my exact ultrasound and PAP results, and it all turned out okay. On the internet, you just find the horror stories.

I do try to exercise to de-stress, even road my bike an hour roundrip for the 4 doctor appts. I have had. The problem is I haven't been sleeping (averaging around 3-5 hrs.) and I am exhausted, plus the stress, so I don't have much energy. I am going to my crossfit training class tonight, which is a class designed for professional athletes and kicks your butt, so I hope that will help me.

The hardest part is I am going to be spending a week with my mom in a small condo. She is a bigger worrier than I am, so this won't be easy living with her.

Thanks for all the good vibes and advice--you don't know how much it helps me and makes a difference.

All my best headed ur way Sugar. I know it's tough to think positively during times like this but having an optimitic outlook is much more beneficial for your mental health.

Just got through a scare myself and it is hard not to let it consume your thoughts. I just kept rolling with it best I could and I got good news today. Yours will be coming in a couple of weeks. My prayers are with you as well.

When my wife gets home I will ask her if this is the same story as she went though earlier this year. It sure sounds the same but hers ended up being polyps that turned out to be no big deal.

I am thinking of you Sugar and I will check with her later today to see if it is the same story and if she can add anything to this.

When my daughter went through cancer treatment starting at 15, the waiting was the hardest part. The first thing I'd advise is not to research a lot on the internet and stay away from statistics. There was so much to deal with, I just listened to her doctors and prayed a lot. Before every test or treatment, I always told her that worrying about the result wasn’t going to change it, and in the mean time we wouldn’t deal with bad news until we had to. That was the luxury of not knowing, which was we didn’t know the news was worse than what we already knew. We’d watch a lot of comedy and laugh as much as possible. I highly suggest Jim Gaffigan (King Baby and Beyond the Pale)

and Brian Regan (all the DVD’s). We would also do art, like go to the local ceramic shop and paint things. I guess the advice is to insist you aren’t going to deal with bad news until you have to, and right now you don’t have to, so laugh a lot and take solace in that. Prayers sent.