[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your personal sports dagger

whomper

As a fan , which moment in sports was your biggest dagger to the heart ? I mean the most gut wrenching game or play that you ever had to watch that was not in your favor. It can be from any sport. It could be things like the Joe Carter homerun or Kirk Gibson homerun or a Jordan 3 pointer.

I am torn between 2. Jackie Smiths dropped pass game was pure torture for me as a lad. As I am watching playoff baseball my 2nd one came back to me. The Jeffrey Maier play against my Orioles. That play just took the life out of that team. Sadly that was around the last time the O's were good. Anyway, What do you got ?

edit to add; Holy crap. How could I forget about "The Catch" That probably hurt most of all

Edited by whomper

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan , which moment in sports was your biggest dagger to the heart ? I mean the most gut wrenching game or play that you ever had to watch that was not in your favor. It can be from any sport. It could be things like the Joe Carter homerun or Kirk Gibson homerun or a Jordan 3 pointer.

I am torn between 2. Jackie Smiths dropped pass game was pure torture for me as a lad. As I am watching playoff baseball my 2nd one came back to me. The Jeffrey Maier play against my Orioles. That play just took the life out of that team. Sadly that was around the last time the O's were good. Anyway, What do you got ?

:wacko:

Chris Webber's Timeout

I have never blamed Webber for that. I always put that blame squarely on Fisher's shoulders. The kid's are out there playing....they don't keep track of how many TO's they have left. That's the coach's job. And he certainly should have mentioned it during their last timeout. But he didn't. :tup:

I hate Michigan. But even I felt sorry for Webber that day. :wacko:

The Choke At Doak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_at_Doak

I happened to be at my in-laws home in CT during this game for Thanksgiving. I was watching the game in the basement family room. My wife said it got so quiet that she thought I fell asleep. As if I could ever fall asleep during a Florida - FSU game.

As a Philly fan its hard to pick just one

Fregosi sending out Mitch Williams to pitch the 9th in game 6. Not the home run as much since we knew we were doomed the minute he sent him out to pitch

Bryce Paup's late hit on Cunningham ending his season in '91

Most Eagles playoff games :wacko:

luckily the Flyers just generally choke so there's no one game in specific :tup:

I just changed mine in post 1. How the hell could I forget about "The Catch"

Romo's field goal bobble should rank up there, too. I remember I was home alone with my daughter, who was almost 2. She wouldn't go to sleep, so I kept her up with me until the end of the game. She was old enough to understand swear words, so after Romo got tackled just short of the goal line, I had to settle for yelling, "FUDGE THIS STUFF! MOTHERSTUFFER DANG IT ALL!" I was a human Huddle filter.

It was when I was in 2nd grade, collecting baseball cards. I was smart enough to know I lived in Ohio and both Cleveland and Cincinnati were in Ohio.

Reds had all-stars up and down the lineup. Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, George Foster, Dave Concepcion ...

but my mom reasurred me that we were much closer to Cleveland.

It's been pretty much downhill from there.