[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just dropped our dog off at the vet

Menudo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and kind words, but, unfortunately, we had to have our dog, Bettis put to sleep today. It was one of the worst days of my life. I am so incredibly thankful for the month that we had with him. Many are not as fortunate when they take their dog into the vet in the condition he was in. We spoiled him tremendously during that month. Words cannot do justice for what that dog meant to me. I've had a very tough past 6/7 years. I've lost family members and dealt with other issues, and Bettis was always there for me. Even today, he didn't have energy to eat or drink, but, when I'd tear up, he would find it in him to lick my tears. When the vet came to the house, she said he had very little heartbeat and she could barely get a pulse. We got to say our goodbyes, and comfort him, as he was put to rest. Once again, thank you everybody for the kind words. He was a very special dog, and will be missed greatly. Our hearts are hurting right now, but, I wouldn't trade the wonderful memories with Bettis for anything. Days of heartache don't compare to years of joy and happiness.

Once again, I can't say enough about how happy and proud I am to be a part of this community. The generosity that this internet family shows to their own is what makes it such a special place. Thanks again.

When we put our dog down a few years ago the vet said a line that always stuck with me. She said , When you know its time and you put your dog down you are showing the dog your last act of kindness towards them. Your family and Bettis had a mutual appreciation and love for each other and that how it is supposed to be . Im sorry you lost your friend Menudo . Rest in peace Bettis

Sounds like he had a pretty good life for a dog, and 10 years is about an average life span for a larger dog. It's good that you were on top of his illness as soon as it occurred and so got to appreciate that last month with him. Hope you get another pet soon, there are certainly plenty of them out there who could use a good home.

Edited by Crazysight

bettis had a great life, which is all any dog could ask for. sorry for your loss marc.

now go out there and pick up little rashard. nothing boosts the spirits like a new puppy!

I prefer the name "Mendy" myself :wacko:

Wallace wouldn't be a bad name either.

Edited by Crazysight

There is a reason ALL dogs go to heaven. You gave him the respect he gave you for all these years by letting him go. This has hit home with me as my best friend isn't very far behind. Bettis will have a pulling guard to lead sweeps for him in the clouds sooner than I may want, but they desreve the decency from us to let them go to a better place.

There is a reason ALL dogs go to heaven. You gave him the respect he gave you for all these years by letting him go. This has hit home with me as my best friend isn't very far behind. Bettis will have a pulling guard to lead sweeps for him in the clouds sooner than I may want, but they desreve the decency from us to let them go to a better place.

well said

:wacko:

Sorry to hear the news. However, while it is the end of a chapter in your life, it is also the start of a new one. While you can never replace a dog (especially one you were so close to), you can learn to love another one the same way when the time comes. I wish you and your family the best. I will likely be going through something like this in a short time, so I will have to take my own words to heart.