[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever meet a Famous person

nuke'em ttg

Please elaborate. I would love to meet Howard.

Pretty boring story.

It was around 2005, and he and a group of friends decided they wanted to learn how to play poker, so they went to the Borgata and played $2/4 at a private table. I spent a half an hour dealing to them and explaining the rules of the game. He wasn't in full on funny mode because he was concentrating, but a nice guy.

OJ & Marcus Allen at Mann/Groman Chinese in Hollywood (pre OJ trial, mid 80s). Chatted with them some during the previews, they were acting like a couple of teenagers. Afterward we were walking behind them, and man were there legs (especially OJ) messed up.

Charles Barkley during his playing days, at a hotel in Cleveland when the 76ers were in town for a Cavs game. The whole team was at the bar.

Jerry Garcia slammed a door in my face.

When I was back stage at a Greatful Dead concert, Jerry spent his entire time asleep, leaning against a tree with his guitar around his neck, or performing on stage. He has to be shaken to wake him up to go on stage at the beginning of the concert, and then again after intermission. He had to be helped to his feet. It was amazing how he could hold it together on stage.

Willie Mays

Boyz II Men

Gary Maddox

Brian Dawkins

McNabb

Brian Westbrook

Randall Cunningham

Dikembe (sp?) Mutumbo

Sir Mix-a-lot

Clivilles & Cole (of C&C Music Factory fame)(was in the DJ booth at the Palladium with them one 4th of July)

Jeff Townes(better known as DJ Jazzy Jeff)

Onyk

Pater Gabriel's manager (can't remember his name)

Played blackjack with Gary Bussey at the flamingo

Also played with Rollie Fingers

Supertramp

Howard stern at a book signing.

Greg the hammer valentine while pissing in a Howard Johnson bathroom.

Tony Stewart

Numerous congressmen from the 80's while working at army navy country club in Arlington va

Lynda Carter same as above

Jimmy Connors

Edited by T_bone65

Bob Uecker (Classy, Classy guy)

Davy Lopes

Many of the 1999-2001 Milwaukee Brewers

Had a beer with Chuck Cecil

Kenny Schrader

Got a ride on the back of a golf cart with Carlton Fisk driving.

Nikki Sixx

Mother-in-Law baby-sat both Tony Romo and his little sister.

As I was with a firm that handled tax/business management for entertainment/sports figures, etc., met many on many occasions. Some cool, some not cool. Some I knew very well. Tried to date Mariah Carey before she was anyone - but my firm put the kabosh on that.

Nonprofessionally, met Howard Stern (numerous times), Mick Fleetwood, Tom Cruise (right before Top Gun), Mark Gastineau, Lee Travino, Gary Player, Terry Bradshaw, Carol Alt, Donald Trump

And...Barbara Bush ran me off the road near Walker's Point in Maine.

Nothing particularly 'intimate' (i.e., no long conversations with anyone other than the last person on the list):

Joe DiMaggio (got his autograph as a kid at a baseball card convention)

George Brett (played in a charity golf outing I was invited to; not in his four-some though)

Jim Wright (former Speaker of the House of Reps; taught a class I took in college -- I got an "A")

Michael Johnson (flew on a plane with him as he was heading to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendela_Kirsebom (she was hired to promote some sort of juice or sport drink or something, and was handing it out on the ski slopes where some friends of mine an I were having our spring break the year after she was the cover model --- everyone else was totally chicken to go talk to her; she and I chatted for about 10 minutes. She seemed 100% normal, and did not want to make a big deal out of her modelling.)

Played blackjack with Gary Bussey at the flamingo

Also played with Rollie Fingers

Supertramp

Howard stern at a book signing.

Greg the hammer valentine while pissing in a Howard Johnson bathroom.

Tony Stewart

Numerous congressmen from the 80's while working at army navy country club in Arlington va

Lynda Carter same as above

Jimmy Connors

Talk about a Wonder Woman! She just sidled up to the urinal and let loose?

Tony Olivia

Kirby Puckett

Walter Payton

Billy graham

Tammy faye Bakker

Joe garagiola

Tiny Tim

Jean Dixon

The Dahli lama

Ronald and nancy Reagan

Jesse Ventura

Jonathan winters (he even did a little stand up act for us)

Dixie carter

Art Garfunkel

Tom brokaw

The tallest man in America lives where I work I've seen him many times.

Jesse was giving a press conference but the others were at the Mayo Clinic. The big guy moved here from the Ukraine because of the clinic to control his growth.

I was at a convention and heard jimmy carter, Johnny Bench, and Tanya Tucker speak.

Edited by MikesVikes
  • Like 1

Pete Rose - my son played HS and Legion ball with Pete Jr

Joe Morgan

Tony Perez

Griffey Sr and Jr

Johnny Bench

Barry Larkin

Ed "TooTall" Jones - played golf with him. Scary

Hank Aaron

Roger Staubach

Johnny Miller