[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss Moon

whomper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was that bad.

Since when has mooning been all that offensive? And this was pretend.

I think that you can argue that it doesn't belong on the field (it doesn't), but to get all up in arms about it is silly.

Could Buck have overreacted any more? "That was a DISGUSTING act by Randy Moss. I'm ashamed we had that on our airwaves."

Geez.. get over it. He's an idiot. It was stupid, but not overly offensive.

647710[/snapback]

Coming from the Fox network...they should know all about classless acts...

That's it?

All I heard last night was about the disgusting act, and I assumed it involved him putting the ball near his crotch and maybe a 'get on your knees' motion to the crowd?

But acting like he's mooning the crowd? That's been a joke since the 1950's!!

Memo to all those offended: lighten up Francis.

I'm more bothered by celebrations after getting a first down in the 2nd quarter than that thing. :D:D

"I swore I heard him call that move the "Davenport""

Too "stinkin" funny!

I was a bit taken back, a wee bit shocked, but that was for about a nano-second. Maybe I too am childish at heart, and laughed at what Moss did. But there is a difference b/w Moss and his type versus professionals who go out and get the job done with class. I have come to expect foolishness from some players and jobs well done by others. This does not surprise me at all.

The pregame interview with Moss and Jimmy J. was a waste of time. The final result is this, players are getting paid a lot to play a game, which is their vocation, and thus there will always be egos larger than the lockerroom / team / game and world, but I refuse to be surprised.....unless it's a naked woman jumping into the arms of a football player on MNF....that would shock me....I hope we do not come to that.....(snicker, snicker, snicker)

As mentioned above, the E.D. commercials, over done.

The media has let the flood gates wide open and almost anything goes.

Show are revaling so much skin.....Alias, season opener on Wednesday, could Garner being wearing any less? While I am not a prude, I am sad at how we have let some standards down, in general.

What message(s) are being sent by the Pros, the Stars and the Networks? This is the concern, b/c the next generation that will be taking care of our elderly butts are watching this behavior now.

(did not mean to write so much.)

:D

I may not like what Moss does and there are no excuses. The media however is to blame for all the hype such actions receive. In fact I put more responsibilty on the media than I do the people doing the act. People in general dont really care...so what? My gawd people act like butinskis everyday, but you dont see the media covering it. They would if they could dont get me wrong, but holy cow we all work with such butinskis and how much thought do you really give them...maybe a moment of your time to roll your eyes or whatever and then the next minute you are moving on...its forgotten. Its the media that uses acts like Randy and TO and whoever else to 1. up their ratings. 2. create controversy. 3. Promote these players. 4. yada yada...Thats what creates interest and ratings and jobs for these "analysists". Oh they can say what a terrible thing so an so did and the correct behavior should have been such and so, but then why do they keep going on and on about it. If you dont like it as sports analysist, as a network dont keep reporting on it over and over. The point is they do like it and thats why they continue...it secures their jobs...keeps their ratings up...they cant wait to see what Randy and TO will do next..... :D

Ok, enough...sorry.

Edited by devilwoman

I was listening to Tony Dungy interviewed this morning and he said he chuckled when he first saw Moss' antic. He explained that having coached in Tampa, he knows about losing in Green Bay and a tradition that fans have of mooning the opposing teams' bus as they leave the stadium. After 7 years (or something like that) of enduring losses in Green Bay, he knows what Moss was thinking. That said, he indicated that he did not condone the action at all; just that he understood it.

I was listening to Tony Dungy interviewed this morning and he said he chuckled when he first saw Moss' antic.  He explained that having coached in Tampa, he knows about losing in Green Bay and a tradition that fans have of mooning the opposing teams' bus as they leave the stadium. 

648298[/snapback]

no, no, no....... cheeseheads would never do something as repulsive, vulger & socially unacceptable as this :D..... to an opposing team. B)

I gotta think dungy isn't telling the truth. :D

I was in the 9th row of that endzone, 4 seats from the tunnel that the visitors use.

I can tell you that while I didn't like the 'mooning', I certainly wasn't offended and didn't realize what a big deal it was until I saw the news that night.

The fans over there give Moss an EXTREMELY hard time when he enters/leaves through the tunnel. No throwing of anything but plenty of booing/jeering and some profanity.

That display simply put the explanation point on a horrible afternoon.

I was in the 9th row of that endzone, 4 seats from the tunnel that the visitors use.

I can tell you that while I didn't like the 'mooning', I certainly wasn't offended and didn't realize what a big deal it was until I saw the news that night.

The fans over there give Moss an EXTREMELY hard time when he enters/leaves through the tunnel.  No throwing of anything but plenty of booing/jeering and some profanity.

That display simply put the explanation point on a horrible afternoon.

649188[/snapback]

:D This is the best post on this board pertaining to the whole event. :D

The local news reported 47 people were ejected from that game. That would be a lot for any stadium :D  :D

649273[/snapback]

I heard stories, but only saw 1 ejection - didn't see why, though.

Gee, do you think the kids in the stands heard all the vulgar profane comments being yelled at Moss and the other players during the game? Even Tice commented on how Green Bay fans are usually well behaved but not this time...

also, I haven't seen this pointed out anywhere but the reason Moss faked a moon was because Green Bay fans are known to moon opposing teams on there way out of the stadium...

correction, now I found the post regarding that....

Edited by alexgaddis