[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you forgive a player you dont like

whomper

I have to admit that I do..I used to hate Deion Sanders,Keyshawn Johnson and even Bill Parcells but once they became Cowboys I cleaned the slate.Anyone else???

I'd have gone 0-3 on those 3 because they've never changed their act and it's a tiresome act in all three cases. I really liked Parcells with the Gmen, but once he became more important to himself than the game, I was done with him (ie bailing on the Pats in the playoffs, etc). If he came to the steeeeeelers, I would not accept him. Meyshawn and Meion were born thinking they were more important than the game so I pray every year Pittsburgh doesn't end up with either.

What of someone like Dillon? Didn't like his crap on the Bengals -- but then he went to the Pats and behaved ... if he can behave like that during a losing streak, I'll forgive him for his antics in Cincy.

John Abraham bails on the Jets in the playoffs when he was healthier than Willis Reed? Don't come to pittsburgh.

TO wants to play hurt? If we find out it was because he reeeeeeeeally cares, I forgive him for the "don't trade me to Balt" foolishness ... If it turns out he's just trying to hog the spotlight and jeopardize the good of the team, he's still a toad. Again, it will be interesting to see how he acts during a losing streak.

As a Vikings fan, Jim McMahon comes to mind. Couldn't stand him as a Bear, but was able to at least tolerate him as a Viking.

It seems like Minnesota teams have lost a lot more players to their rivals than the other way around.

Hmmm... I thought this was a post about your fantasy football team, not your homer team. Usually I don't end with players I don't like - I devalue them enough that someone else snags them first. And if the players perform for that other guy, it is only that much more reason to hate them. :D But on the rare occasions that I have picked up players that I disliked (but thought might have some value) they have always disappointed me. It is as if they know that they are in position to screw me. Then of course that player makes my enemies list, never to be forgiven. :D

well if the Seahawks had ever acquired anyone worth noting it would help.

I suppose you could kind of use this argument on Holmgren, except that I think 90% of the Hawks fans like him anyways compared to the recycled garbage we had been going with.

I have to admit that I do..I used to hate Deion Sanders,Keyshawn Johnson and even Bill Parcells but once they became Cowboys I cleaned the slate.Anyone else???

677494[/snapback]

Boy that's tough. As much as it pains me to say it. I would probably cheer for them. It would be with the strict understanding that I wants what's best for my team. :D

If Randy Moss were to go play for Oakland or Atlanta, I would hope he would improve the team. Now, if he didn't do anything for the team, I would come down on him like a ton of bricks. If he went anywhere else...I would continue to think he is a bum.

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld...I root for laundry.

The Jets could put Saddam Hussein out there for all I care - if he can run a 4.1 forty and catch the rock, I'll cheer for him. Heck, I'll be the first one in line to buy matching home and away "Hussein" spamshirts if the guy can take it to the house on a regular basis.

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld...I root for laundry.

The Jets could put Saddam Hussein out there for all I care - if he can run a 4.1 forty and catch the rock, I'll cheer for him.  Heck, I'll be the first one in line to buy matching home and away "Hussein" spamshirts if the guy can take it to the house on a regular basis.

677626[/snapback]

:D

I'll usually still try to root for the guy, with the exception of Joey Galloway! The day he sat out on the Hawks was the day he died IMO. Friggin' loser !!

:D:D :hoppingmad:

and if Bosworth would have ever made a comeback with another team and succeeded......I may have needed therapy.

Edited by Swampnuts

If Moss came to the Lions I'd buy Moss spamshirts just so I could build a better effigy for BURNING IN PROTEST. I may also burn effigies of Millen, the Fords, and I might actually just set fire to the team bus or something.

The only upside to the Lions being moribund my whole life is that they never made a play for anybody, and therefore have never signed anybody I thought was a fraud or prima donna or punk. I mean, every big move pre-Millen WAS a fraud, prima donna or punk, but I didn't necessarily think so at the time.

Peace

policy

I didn't read the rest but I never forgave Turly for the crap he said. That guy is a hyprocrite. I had the luxury of hanging out in Benson's suite down in New Orleans and that guy drank more than half the people in the box, he was actually beligerant. Come to find out, I run into this Rams chick a few years later and she tells me how much of a sweetheart he is and how he never drinks and studies his religion. BS...I saw the guy try to rip someone's throught put here at a bar becauze they accidently spilled a beer on him...but I digress..back to the point.

No, I don't forgive him.

Never been in the position of a hated player being a MAJOR contributor to my team - I always hated McMahon, but he was a non-factor when he came to the Pack; I wasn't a fan of Keith Millard, but he only played here for about 2 games.

Aside from that, I tend to respect/tolerate most NFL players, so it's gotta be a big loudmouth who has the media hanging all over his sack to REALLY irritate - the Deions, Shannon Sharpe, Moss, Owens, etc. If Green Bay ever DOES sign someone who's overrated/overhyped, annoying, and hated by me, I'm sure you guys will figure it out. :D

To me the all-time non-football example of this would be long time Piston badboy Dennis Rodman playing for the Bulls. We hated him as a Piston like no other but once he laced em up with Jordan and the boys he was a cult hero in Chi town!

There is a very few, select group (I could count them on one hand) of players I hate. In fact I can only think of a couple right now.

But I agree with DJ. If he comes to my team, behaves himself. and helps the team move forward. All is forgiven. But if he's the "Same A$$wipe, Different Uniform" I'll still hate him, and want him off my team.

On my Fantasy Team, I'll still avoid them. Oh, and my other rule, no Eagles. I can't cheer on an Eagle, just can't.

If he comes to my team, behaves himself. and helps the team move forward. All is forgiven. But if he's the "Same A$$wipe, Different Uniform" I'll still hate him, and want him off my team.

Isn't this what it boils down to? Corey Dillon wasn't exactly a solid citizen for the Bengals. Years of working in a bad environment may well have contributed to his attitude, but he certainly made things worse rather than better.

He had to convince the Pats he could be an OK guy before they'd work the trade for him. He's been nothing but professional, humble and quiet since arriving. :D He's also the first 1600 yard rusher we've ever had. So yeah, I think we'll keep him.

As for Harrison, I know a lot of people don't like him or his style of play. If he's on your team though, I think it's easier to overlook some of what you don't like. He brings an awful lot to the table.

It would be harder to get over a bad news kind of guy if he was busy doing all this stuff in public/off the field. Off field behavior is usually a secondary consideration for me, but if the guy was a complete knee biter, I'd have to dislike him regardless.

No one gets 'forgiven', whatever that means.

I dislike a player, I will always dislike that player. For the real world and for FF.

Don't draft players I dislike.

I don't root for players I dislike..... doesn't matter if they move to my team or not. I don't root for them to do badly, I don't root for them to get hurt, I don't even root for the to do well. I just don't root for them at all. They are non-entities.

There are a few on my list that are still playing. They make the list mostly due to character flaws or illegal activities.

I'll go the other way. When Bryan Cox came into the league with the Dolphins I loved his firey attitude and in your face take no manure approach. The Dolphins, while having a good offense were horrible on defense. He seemed to add some life to a vanilla group of players (other than John Offerdahl) that needed some kind of lift. Of course as the years went by and his antics started to cost the Dolphins in penalty yards and such I grew to dislike him quite a bit. I was happy when he left and I still think he's a jerk to this day.

Guest THEbigred
all the Moss haters here would be tongue'in his sack if he got traded to their homer team.

677530[/snapback]

lol :D

If for some reason Irsay lost his mind and signed that POS or someone similar, I would have a REAL hard time rooting for my team. Fortunately, the Colts need these ghetto boys (or trailer park boys, for the eternally hypersensitive) about as much as Iraq needs sand.

As far as FF goes, there are some players I refuse to draft because I can't bring myself to root for them. And yes, it has cost me over the years ( including this one).

1. Marc Bulger - Refused to take him (even in the 6th round)

2. Joey Galloway- I wouldn't take him if he scored 20 a year.

3. Jeremy Shockey- Guy's a total sideshow

4. Anyone who plays for Dallas.