[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Legends in the Wrong Uniform

Furd

Interesting link. This sort of dovetails into the Jerry Rice thread recently. These are all players that thought they could contribute late in their careers when the team they played the longest for didn't think so. Those uniforms DO look kinda wierd though!

IMO it's sort of a junk article - "wrong uniform" sort of turns out to mean "team that grabbed them on the downside of their career"; look at the Steve Carlton or Jerry Rice - the unis for their first two teams were all good, but the ones afterward were "wrong"?

I think it's a nice topic, but it should be for a person who's so STRONGLY identified as the face of a team that his presence elsewhere is induces cognitive dissonance. I actually think that given the way history played out, Ruth in a Sox uni is more "wrong" than the Braves.

Emmitt and Montana were still among the top 3rd of players at their positions in KC; hence, the Chiefs uni wasn't "wrong" (besides, it's a pretty sharp design, it wouldn't look wrong on much of anyone).

I acutally think that last year Emmitt redeemed his decision to go to Arizona, and finished with his dignity relatively intact (and I'm not much of a fan of Emmitt Smith, as far as that goes).

OR Reggie in a Pac uniform :D

:D

Was known for 2 teams, though could be said for Carolina.

831204[/snapback]

He made his bones in Philly :D

The very first one was quite disturbing for this SF boy, Mays as a Met  :D

Then Dorsett as a Bronco, and Emmitt as a Card :D

Hey,  we got new Smilies....     :w00t:

831336[/snapback]

How about Tom Seaver as a White Sox - in those ugly striped uniforms that they used to wear. Or, in a Red Sox jersey - he played half a season there in 1986 before retiring (and pitched pretty well, I might add.) Ironically, that was the year the Mets beat the Red Sox in the World Series.

Edited by Vet