[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deuce, K Jones, T Bell

BS Miscreant

Which of these could you justify?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these could you justify?

• Deuce ranked #4
    • K Jones ranked #4
    • T Bell ranked #3

I always check a variety of sites and publications and every year I find some interesting rankings but these have jumped out at me thus far.

RB Rankings

FootballGuys - Deuce #4

FantasyGuru - K Jones #4

FF Index - T Bell #3

Which of these could ya'll make an argument for? or would you say absolutely no to.

I could see either Deuce or K. Jones at #4. Bell at #3 would require Shanny not being Shanny-like and Bell staying healthy all season - two things that have about the same chance of happening as pigs flying and Hell freezing over.

I went with Deuce at #4. It'll require him staying healthy all season; but don't expect the low TD total again.

Who had Rod Smith as the #3 (IIRC) WR last year? If its the same folks that have TBell at #3, I'd begin to wonder if they're going for 'shock value' or actually trying to add value?

I could maybe see Deuce at #4 but no way could I see K. Jones or Bell rated that high. I just think some publications like to throw something out and see if it sticks at the end of the year so they can say "told you so" and "we were the only ones who had him rated that high".

Edited by 'canes2004

KJ does have the easiest ease of rushing, so that may not be so far fetched, but Deuce is in a contract year.... I'm inclined to say KJ. The Saints just make me uneasy with their maddening inconsitency.

No way I take Bell at 3. Injury concerns, tough ease of fantasy schedule, Shanascam as coach... Lots of questions, but the upside is there.

I could justify all of those, but as Darin pointed out, Bell would have to stay healthy and start at least 14 games to have a Mike Anderson/Clinton Portis-type year.

If Bell is the healthy, undisputed starter in Denver all year, though, I'd pretty much bank on top-5 RB. In fact (assuming health), I could see the post-2005 top-5 RBs looking like this:

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Deuce

4. Bell

5. K. Jones

I wouldnt be surprised to see someone take one of those guys in the top 4 but Deuce would probably make less heads turn....and at 1.3 TBell and all of a sudden the docs in the ER are gonna be handing out Neck Braces

Ridiculous across the board.

LT, Alexander, Edge & Priest are easier 1-4's. And if Jamal has a solid camp coming off his off season, he's there as well.

Deuce disappears at times, and Haslett is a TERRIBLE coach. Anyone remember his 7 carry game last year? If you owned him you sure do.

The other two represent gambles that are too HUGH for such an early pick.

Deuce disappears at times, and Haslett is a TERRIBLE coach. Anyone remember his 7 carry game last year? If you owned him you sure do.

876882[/snapback]

They lost that game in a shoot out but they followed it up with 4 wins to close out the season that included Deuce averaging 28 carries and 110 yds. They learned their lesson and have been quite vocal about catering the offense to Deuce's skill set this year. That 7 carry crap will never happen again. I'd be shocked if you see him get fewer than 15 carries in any game this year.

Not only do I buy Deuce at #4 but I see him challenging for #1. K Jones will likely finish better than he's being drafted and I'm staying away from Bell.

i think deuce could be there. i know it's always the "we're going to run more game", but that's what they are saying. either way, their offensive line should be better. plus, again, not sure how much stock you put in it, but deuce is in the last year of his original contract. if they don't sign him long-term before the season, he might have some more incentive. i think deuce at 4 is the easiest of the 3 choices to justify.