[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steal Of The Draft

Menudo

I want this to be on record, so that, when I'm right, I can brag about it. If I'm wrong, I will pretend it never happened.

The steal of this year's draft will be: RB - Robert Turbin - Utah State. Turbin was taken in the 4th round, 106th overall, and he will eventually be the 2nd best RB taken in this draft. I watched a lot of Turbin in college, and the guy is an absolute beast. GREAT pick by the Seahawks !!!!

Perhaps, but not the most ideal situation for him to fall into in Seattle. Also noteworthy is his teammate Smith falling to the 7th, who absolutely lit it up both during Utah State's bowl game and the combine.

RB Chris Polk getting signed as a free agent by the Eagles? He was a consensus top 5 RB last time I checked mock drafts and the NFL channel was talking about him after day 1? The drafting process never ceases to amaze me in how little I know.

Yeah, a real bummer. One of if not my favorite Husky in the last decade or so. Three things: showed up overweight at Senior Bowl, did not apparently interview well at Combine, and has a shoulder condition though he denies this.

From as high as the #2 RB in the draft class during the season, to #5 RB after the season to #7 or 8 after the combine to undrafted. It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n' roll.

Never a shortage of stupid among football players. Here's a chance to make a lot of money in a short amount of time to play a game you presumably love and some can't resist just pissing it away. Injuries are one thing, but being out of shape or copping an attitude is unbelievable.

RB Chris Polk getting signed as a free agent by the Eagles? He was a consensus top 5 RB last time I checked mock drafts and the NFL channel was talking about him after day 1? The drafting process never ceases to amaze me in how little I know.

Why stop at just mentioning the draft process? But then I am guessing this new board format has a limit on number of characters so you would have had to stop at some point.. :razz:

Child Please :shades:

The Vikes got the SOD in the 4th round...

Greg Childs, Arkansas, 6-3, 219 lbs., split end. Childs missed most of the 2011 season with a patella tendon injury, but before he got hurt he was widely considered one of the best, if not the best receiver in the draft. As a sophomore in the SEC he averaged 18.6 yards per catch. Recently at his Pro Day he ran a 4.39 40-yard dash and he jumped 40.5 five inches vertically. His hands are massive – 10 1/8 inches. Because of the knee injury, Childs is projected to be a fourth-round pick, but he could develop into the best split end in the entire draft

He may not be the absolute steal of the draft, but getting Alshon Jeffrey in the middle of the 2nd for the Bears was a bit of a coup. The guy has prototypical size and absolutely torched the best of the best in the SEC. If it weren't for a headcase at QB, he would have had more stable, progressively impressive numbers.

The Bears had a huge need for WR, which was addressed by the Marshall pickup. That's what makes this pick even better, IMO. He'll have a chance to learn from one of the best possession guys in the NFL.

Jeffrey could be the best WR in this class, especially given Blackmon's progress may be slowed by QB deficiencies in Jacksonville.

Jeffrey’s draft value plummeted based on reduced production in his junior year (QB issues), added weight (has gone from 230 to 216 now that he is working with a training facility), and decision not to run the 40 at the combine (he ran a 4.4-4.5 at his pro-day weeks later).

However, as darin stated, this guy torched the SEC and I consider him the #3 WR in the draft behind Blackmon and Floyd. With B. Marshall on the other side of the ball to draw coverage and the 2012 # 6-7 QB throwing him the ball, he should be a steal!

Edited by White lightning

Obviously a biased/homer selection, but Patriots getting Alfonzo Dennard in the 7th was pretty quality. Unfortunate Dennard was an idiot last week, but if he continues the way he was before that, he'll have no more issues and can be a player.

Yea, I was pretty shocked by that. Granted, being arrested a few days before the draft is off the charts stupid, but before that I never heard a peep about him being in trouble. He got kicked out of one game for him and Alshon getting into it, but they were both kicked out and it didn't seem to affect Alshon that much. Dennard is a hell of a CB prospect for a 7th rounder. He may be susceptible to very precise route runners or double moves, but he is very strong and will do well at getting his hands on a WR and making sure they don't get off the line easy. Has decent speed and has been a strong worker. I hope the kid gets his head on straight.

I'm thinking this guy. He's the biggest steal in the draft, and he didn't even get drafted.

Ehhhh, the guy tested positive for Josh Gordon at the combine, ran a 5.08 40 (slowest at the position) and 4.65 shuttle (again, slowest at position), has been flagged 17 times for personal fouls over his career, and had 30 fewer tackles than last year!

The guy is garbage.

Edited by White lightning

Ehhhh, the guy tested positive for Josh Gordon at the combine, ran a 5.08 40 (slowest at the position) and 4.65 shuttle (again, slowest at position), has been flagged 17 times for personal fouls over his career, and had 30 fewer tackles than last year!

The guy is garbage.

Well, he went to the right team then.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but the Saints seem to be extremely excited to get Nick Toon in the 4th. He was actually rated to go higher & if he's anywhere close to what his dad was then the Saints definitely got a steal & will have actually found an improvement over the departed Meachem. I wouldn't expect much out of the gate though as the Saints like to bring their WRs along slowly. That is unless he just shows that he's that much better than everyone else as Colston did. The way I see it, he will be groomed as Colston's eventual replacement.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but the Saints seem to be extremely excited to get Nick Toon in the 4th. He was actually rated to go higher & if he's anywhere close to what his dad was then the Saints definitely got a steal & will have actually found an improvement over the departed Meachem. I wouldn't expect much out of the gate though as the Saints like to bring their WRs along slowly. That is unless he just shows that he's that much better than everyone else as Colston did. The way I see it, he will be groomed as Colston's eventual replacement.

I agree. When I was going over my Bears "mock" draft, I thought they should go DE, OL, and take a WR like Toon in the 3rd. I think he was a good pick in the 4th.

The guy is garbage.

Maybe. But you gotta like the fact that it looks like he's ready to turn over a new leaf. And there's no denying the talent. Guy could be a stud.

Oh leaf it alone already.

I think Toon was projected only slightly higher than he was taken. His dad being a stud means little if anything really.

I maintain the WR steal was McNutt who I saw as about a 3d rounder most places, borderline 2d rounder.

I'm hoping the RB steal was Ballard to the Colts :unsure:

His o ly knocks speaking as a badger fan, was his inability to stay healthy and below average run blocking.

• 3 months later...