[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any sushi fans?

BigMikeinNY

well r..... i know that sushi is a stretch for someone who just started enjoying chinese.  there may be a time where you like it.

1450698[/snapback]

m, I'm pretty sure I'm always going to enjoy my fish beer battered and fried, or at least cooked on the grill with some lemon and garlic butter.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m, I'm pretty sure I'm always going to enjoy my fish beer  battered and fried, or at least cooked on the grill with some lemon and garlic butter.

1450817[/snapback]

Yeah count me in for that. When I eat sushi - which is rare - I'm not even thinking it's fish.

That said, I had some last night. Girlfriend is a hugh fan of the stuff so when I'm not feeling particularly hungry or don't care what's for dinner, I'll go for it. I slept like crap last night, woke up about 2 hours after hittin' the hay with my throat full of nastiness. I think it revived my ulcer... :D:D ... and then this morning I took a nasty poo.

Sorry, TMI? Well this IS the Food & Beverage forum... it's the cycle of life! :D

Edited by darin3

I like to get sushi grade tuna, grill it just a little and have it med-rare w/ it more on the rare side. That's about as far as I can go, however, did try steak tar tar, it was ok, and I got through about 3/4's of it. I can handle raw oysters on the half shell-bucket of cold beers, bottle of tabasco sauce.....look out Mrs. PD :D

1450789[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to a little Copper River Salmon carpaccio. Only a couple weeks now. :D

Love the sushi. Love the sashimi. Love the sake. Love the Sapporo. Great little sushi bar about 20 miles north of here. Nothing terribly exotic, but a decent selection. Probably eat it a couple times a month. The missus will occasionally do rice rolls here at home. It's the nori and rice that you taste in a lot of rolls. A decent substitute.

m, I'm pretty sure I'm always going to enjoy my fish beer  battered and fried, or at least cooked on the grill with some lemon and garlic butter.

1450817[/snapback]

never thought you didn't like fish (cooked). maybe one day you'll like sushi/sashimi as well.

I will need it baked or deep-fried first. :D

1451343[/snapback]

..or smoked, unless you're already ceding your Wisconsinite status. :D

Nevah :D  :D

I sure do miss those friday nite family style all you can eat fish frys though.  :D

1451843[/snapback]

Speaking of which, there's a place about an hour from me in a small town that does this every Friday and Saturday. We'll head out there once every few months and stuff ourselves on fried fish. It's some of the best fish I've ever had. :D

Another sushi fan here:  Maguro and Salmon (the other sake) are my favorites.

1449565[/snapback]

That stuff is absolutely awesome! Any sushi fans in the tri-state area should check this place out:

http://www.minado.com

It's a Japanese buffet specializing in sushi, which I realize sounds like it could be a bad idea, but the place is tip-top with great quality food, and a great selection too. It's totally addictive, I pile down the salmon sushi everytime I go. There's one in NYC and I think a couple in Jersey and PA. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

That stuff is absolutely awesome! Any sushi fans in the tri-state area should check this place out:

It's a Japanese buffet specializing in sushi, which I realize sounds like it could be a bad idea, but the place is tip-top with great quality food, and a great selection too. It's totally addictive, I pile down the salmon sushi everytime I go. There's one in NYC and I think a couple in Jersey and PA. :D

1452019[/snapback]

if you are in the TriState Area you should make a visit to POD in philly LINK

if you click the link and take the Restaurant Tour...you will see one of the "PODS" and their are colored discs on the wall...if you press a color it changes the lighting in your pod to that color

Edited by keggerz

I love the stuff, been eating it about 3-4x a week. 

1449422[/snapback]

You teachers must do all right in NY to eat sushi that much.

I'd eat it every meal if I could. My fiancee 3-4 years back wouldn't even go into the place. Gradually tried a few things. Now she suggests it more often than I do. Very open minded God Bless her!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Love Sushi. Lived in Japan for 3.5 years and totally got into it. Now I try to get out and get some as often as I can. Living in Phoenix there are surprisingly several decent sushi joints. It's amazing though... I can definitely taste a difference in sushi in the States compared to Japan. Japan is definitely better...

1452019[/snapback]

First of all Skrappy, that is the worst, most horrific, disgusting avatar I have ever seen. You should be banned for it.

:D

But I didn't see that Minado has a location in NYC.....just the surrounding parts. Have you been to one in NYC?

I'm looking forward to a little Copper River Salmon carpaccio.  Only a couple weeks now.  :D

1451137[/snapback]

Just smoked my first Fillet of the season last night!! :droool:

Nothing like a Copper River King; unless you are lucky enough to steal a Yukon River King from the Japanese!

OOOOHHHHH.....MY Head!

Feasted on Sushi last night at the Wasabi Bistro in Seattle. I've never found the perfect drink match for Sushi so went with Smoky Martinis. Probably not the best match but worked pretty well.

If not drinking Kirin or Sapporo, what do you drink with sushi?

OOOOHHHHH.....MY Head!

Feasted on Sushi last night at the Wasabi Bistro in Seattle.  I've never found the perfect drink match for Sushi so went with Smoky Martinis.  Probably not the best match but worked pretty well.

If not drinking Kirin or Sapporo, what do you drink with sushi?

1490520[/snapback]

i like some of the cold saki's.

i like some of the cold saki's.

1490552[/snapback]

I've never had the opportunity to gain enough knowledge about saki. I've had some that I like and some that I don't so its usually a crap shoot. In SF, I went to a sushi place called Blowfish. They had what must have been the equivalent to a saki sommelier. It was necessary with the huge list of sakis they had. He chose some great bottles for us.