[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blake to the Bears

MikesVikes

Wow, I actually like this signing. If he can revert to the Blake of a couple years ago (:D) then he could really help the Bears maintain where they were in terms of progress on the offense. He's got a big arm - will probably mesh well with Muhammed.

I honestly don't think Hutchinson will be that bad. He will be "serviceable". I don't think he will make a lot of mistakes. If the Bears to establish a running game I think he will be fine. I'm not ready to through Orton to the wolves yet. He is doing well against the third strings of other teams. You can see that he is making a couple of bad decisions every game. On whole he has a good upside but you can't throw him in there until you have given up on the season. How bad was Manning his first season? Either one. Let Orton build some confidence and learn the offense. When the season is in the toilet throw him in. But let's not throw away the season before it starts.

Ok so we signed Blake. :D

I'm indifferent about it since Chad is going to start anyway.

The simple fact that they didn't go into camp with a proven veteran still makes me sick to my stomach and forces me to throw slurs at Angelo for his general stupidity.

This was expected. Now, they need to ensure Grossman does not take up a roster spot for this year.

Time to move in another direction.

The simple fact that they didn't go into camp with a proven veteran still makes me sick to my stomach and forces me to throw slurs at Angelo for his general stupidity.

This was expected. Now, they need to ensure Grossman does not take up a roster spot for this year.

Time to move in another direction.

927683[/snapback]

Yeah - I posted in another thread how I remembered hearing last year that the Bears were determined not to be in the situation again of not having an experienced/serviceable backup. I frankly don't understand why they didn't try to find one before the season started, but...

How bad was Manning his first season?  Either one.

927647[/snapback]

3700+ yds, 26 tds are numbers the Bears would KILL for from their QB - and his 28 ints were probably close to what the Bears generally expect from their QBs.

Yeah - I posted in another thread how I remembered hearing last year that the Bears were determined not to be in the situation again of not having an experienced/serviceable backup.  I frankly don't understand why they didn't try to find one before the season started, but...

927720[/snapback]

let me finish for you

but...Angelo is a guy that does well with drafting and scouting, but as a GM, he is missing the key ingredient of seeing the big picture.

They talked to Warner, had Fiedler and Johnson in town, but both were told it was Rex's job and they would only be back-ups. Now really, even if this decision was already set in stone, what GM is so stupid to actually not upsell the opening? At least tell them that it is an open competition--he never once said that...it was always "Rex is our guy".

Good--two years of this and get this clown out of town.

let me finish for you

but...Angelo is a guy that does well with drafting and scouting, but as a GM, he is missing the key ingredient of seeing the big picture.

They talked to Warner, had Fiedler and Johnson in town, but both were told it was Rex's job and they would only be back-ups. Now really, even if this decision was already set in stone, what GM is so stupid to actually not upsell the opening? At least tell them that it is an open competition--he never once said that...it was always "Rex is our guy".

Good--two years of this and get this clown out of town.

927771[/snapback]

Good, no make that great, info here. I would be doing backflips to have Warner on the squad right now. Heck, even Fiedler.

ugh...