[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else have a gut wrenching playoff

whomper

The guy I played in my main local had a nice week. My hats off to him. This is one of those losses that will stick in my gut for a while though because of 1 play. He has Eli Manning. Jacobs plunges in from the one. He doesnt get the td. The Giants review it. It was such an obvious TD it was ridiculous. The announcers said that it was a shame that the Giants had to waste a challenge on this play. They showed 3 different angles and every angle clearly showed a td. The ref comes back and says the call on the field stands. Eli takes it in on the next play for a qb sneak td. I lose by 4. Thanks for letting me vent. Good luck to all of you still in the playoffs..I have one league left.

I don't have one of my own but I will tell you one from the RAGE league.

We had what I am pretty certain was our first tie ever in RAGE. (we use decimal scoring) 83.6 for both teams and one team used Michael Jenkins, (3.3 total points in the second QTR to tie the game).

Well, Jenkins was not heard from since the second QTR so he could not add 1 stinking yard to his total to break the 83.6 tie so for the first time ever we had to resort to our playoff tiebreaker of a pre picked bench player.

Team one with Jenkins had Ronnie Brown and his 3 pt effort going for him. Team two had Artose Pinner and a 3.3 game that will carrie him into next week.

In the first round of our office playoffs, our HR Director losses to one of the Managers by a score of 76.5 to 76 - Elam missing the extra point caused his loss. All his other starters were the best in his lineup and the Manager had in his top scoring lineup!

That really had to hurt!

Well, I was only about 20 points back from the points leader in our 12 team league this year... but first round of playoffs come around and my lovely ladies decide to tank, which means I lost by a margin of 73 points!

Not a nail biter at all, just a hugh head scratcher. Palmer, LT, Holt? Where'd you guys go?

my opponent had a gut-wrenching super bowl loss. does that count? he had plaxico burress on monday night in 2002. in the middle of the fourth quarter, burress got to 127 yards, cutting my lead to 1 point. because of our scoring system, he would've gotten two extra points if burress hit 130 yards. i sweated it out as a few passes went burress' way, but he didn't catch any of them.

Same here, my opponent had a horrible loss.

In Ricky Williams last year with NO, I have a 6 point lead going into MNF. My opponent has Ricky going.

He gets 3 points from him in the first half. So its just a matter of time before I am beaten. In the 3rd quarter Ricky rushes the ball gets another 2 points and then fumbles the ball, he had like 48 yard rushing and 19 yards receiving (we award 1 point for every 10 yard rushing and 1 point for ever 10 yards received). So all he needs is 2 yards rushing or 1 yard receiving to win (he has the tie breaker). Ricky gets benched after the fumble and McAllister finishes the game for the Saints.

I win by 1 point!!

Two years ago I was in the championship game and up by 56 points going into MNF. My opponent has Favre going vs the Raiders (his Dad had just died and nobody knew if he was even playing)

Well as you all know, Favre goes off and passes for 399 yards and 4 TD's. I am watching my lead of 56 point shrink to 9 points and Favre is still gunslinging. Right before the half he throws a pass to a wide open TE (can' t remember his name) and it bounces of his hands cositng my opponent 11 points. Favre sits the second half out and I win.

1. Lost a playoff game mostly because C. Houston/R. Moats outscored Edge/Lamont/D. Foster.

2. In another league I lost the regular season title (finished 2nd) when ATL kicked that last FG w/3:00 left ... gave the Peterson owner a 1/2 point win in a game I needed him to lose for me to wrap up the title.

not yet but I am very nervous...

I am the #1 seed playing the #6 seed who beat the #3 seed...

I would rather play the #4 but we re-seed after 1st round...he has a good team and my receivers need to bounce back from a horrible week (Fitz, Burress) or my 11-2 season with most points goes for NOTHING!

:D pray for me

Kevin Jones- nuff said. But let me vent. If he scored that TD, I win. If I played Cedric Houston instead, I win. If Gado didn't go off on SNF, I win. I lost by 5 points. To a better team, no doubt. But seeing Gado rip that 65 yd TD hurt pretty bad. A lot more than KJones pu88y freakin elbow, I'm sure! Thanks for the thread. I needed that.

How about if I benefited from a gut wrenching loss ? :D

I was the #4 seed playing the #1 seed in our division.

I was down by 5 points, he was done, and I only had

the Giants Defense left. As most of you know, the NYG-PHI

game went into over time.

2pts for each sack. 2pts for Turnover.

First PHIL possession in OT, 1 sack, down by 3 pts

2nd Phil possesion, sack, fumble, +4 pts

I won by 1 pt.

In Warner's break out year for StL, I was playing the guy that picked him up off waivers in the SB.

I only carried 3 RBs on my roster. Two were S. Davis and Staley. The third was some scrub. Davis was hurt going into the playoffs up in Wash. and Staley got hurt during round 1, so in the SB, I only had 1 starting RB. My team performed great and his stunk so I was actually leading by 10 pts going into the Monday night game and he had Mare as his kicker on Monday night.

Mare hit a FG in the 4th qtr. to win the SB for him by 2 pts!!!! and all because I didn't have enough RBs!!!! Stupid Davis was dressed on the sidelines and they had the ball on the 1 yd line and didn't put him in!!!! I was screaming at the TV, but to no avail.

The only good thing from this was that the guy that I lost too was the weasel in the league, and we kicked him out the next year becuase he was a weasel.

Not my own per se, but related to me. I needed to win last week and my division leader to lose. Well he lost. However the guy I was matched up with has had exactly 2 great fantasy weeks, and both weeks were against me. He ended up with 140 pts to my 105 or so.

It ended up that the guy I lost to and the division leader tied for the division based on overall record. The tiebreaker was total fantasy points throughout the season. My opponent beat the (former sole) division leader by 2 hundredths of a point. So it came down to a player not running/passing/receiving a play for an additional yard.

The guy I played in my main local had a nice week. My hats off to him. This is one of those losses that will stick in my gut for a while though because of 1 play. He has Eli Manning. Jacobs plunges in from the one. He doesnt get the td. The Giants review it. It was such an obvious TD it was ridiculous. The announcers said that it was a shame that the Giants had to waste a challenge on this play. They showed 3 different angles and every angle clearly showed a td. The ref comes back and says the call on the field stands. Eli takes it in on the next play for a qb sneak td. I lose by 4. Thanks for letting me vent. Good luck to all of you still in the playoffs..I have one league left.

1211647[/snapback]

I lost by 2.5 points playing against Michael Vick. I knew that first TD run was going to kill me. It was one of the worst overturned calls I have ever seen and it cost me a playoff game. I had a decent lead plus Peterson and Dunn. On top of that, even with Vick's big game I had a chance to win if Dunn was able to punch it in from the 4 yard line (was down by 5.5 points at the time). Instead I got only 3 from Peterson which was not enough. Thanks Warrick. Thanks refs. If Tomlinson has his usual good game I win. If I start Cadillac instead of Dunn I win. But I lose. That sucked.

I don't have one of my own but I will tell you one from the RAGE league.

We had what I am pretty certain was our first tie ever in RAGE.  (we use decimal scoring)  83.6 for both teams and one team used Michael Jenkins, (3.3 total points in the second QTR to tie the game).

Well, Jenkins was not heard from since the second QTR so he could not add 1 stinking yard to his total to break the 83.6 tie so for the first time ever we had to resort to our playoff tiebreaker of a pre picked bench player.

Team one with Jenkins had Ronnie Brown and his 3 pt effort going for him.  Team two had Artose Pinner and a 3.3 game that will carrie him into next week.

1211679[/snapback]

Several years ago, before we had decimal scoring, I lost a playoff game on tie-breakers. To make it even worse my team was the high scoring team each of the subsequent weeks and would have won the SB. :D