[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the Worst player you ever drafted?

Asskickas

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first year of ff. Drafted Jamal Anderson first round. Jake Plummer 2nd. Anderson blew out his knee in week 1, Plummer scored -6 total points the first three weeks due to INTs.

I picked up some guy named Warner and didn't lose again

Yep...that was probably my worst (and my first) year too. I had Jamal #1, then Vinny GreenBalls at # 2 I think. Both go down week one. I also picked Warner who helped at least keep me respectable.

Last year in my league #2 was rough. Rnd 1 = K. Jones, Rnd 2=J.Lewis,Rnd 3= N. Burleson!! OUCH! Still made (and lost) the Super Bowl somehow (ahem, drafted L. Johnson in the 6th round and held on to him)

James Stewart, Detroit Lions, probably 3 years ago?

Took him as my 2nd RB in the 3rd round, thinking I was getting a steal.

Our draft was near the end of preseason, so no one would draft a player who would be hurt before the season even started. The thinking was that all sane NFL teams would be resting their starters for their final preseason games.

Our draft started at 7:00 on a Thursday, I selected Stewart at around 7:45, and he got hurt about 30 minutes later in the 1st quarter, of the Lions final preseason game, a Thursday night ESPN game.

Nothing like getting ridiculed by a table full of fellow coaches while your early-round draft pick gets carted off 30 minutes after you select him!

A big thanks went out to Marriucci, who got roasted by the press for playing his players in the final, meaningless preseason game.

Chris Warren in 1996..Coming off of a 16 td year. I took him in the second round and he crapped out on me.

Me to. :D

Shouldn't the title of the thread be changed to "worst draft pick ever?" Or "your highest draft pick that suffered a season-ending injury before the season started" or some such? :D

J.J. Stokes.

Might as well close the thread.

Ha!

1999 - Skip Hicks in round 4 - Speculation was that Hicks would win the starting RB job after coming off an impressive rookie season. The day after the draft, Stephen Davis was named the starter. All he did that year was go over 1500 yards and 17 TD's. Hicks? 329 yards and 3 TD.

Edited by flemingd

Actually the worst I made was Ron Dayne at 1.11 in 2004. He did nothing for me before being released (although I've picked him back up because he may still have some potential in Denver). What really made this pick bad however was that the guy who picked after me took Larry Johnson, who was on the free agent list as Holme's backup at the time. That same guy is currently owning our league.

Edited by Crazysight

Ha!

1999 - Skip Hicks in round 4 - Speculation was that Hicks would win the starting RB job after coming off an impressive rookie season. The day after the draft, Stephen Davis was named the starter. All he did that year was go over 1500 yards and 17 TD's. Hicks? 329 yards and 3 TD.

I did this as well.

Or "your highest draft pick that suffered a season-ending injury before the season started" or some such? :D

:D

I don't see why people are talking about players that got injured. No way you can help that...