[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone like thursday night football?

jjpro11

to be honest i really dont care for it. not just because the nfl network screwed millions of people over, but thursday is kind of a crappy night for football. id rather it be on a friday. football was just meant to be played on weekends. you can basically count friday night as part of the weekend. mnf is a tradition and its the day after the nfl, not in the middle of the week. plus it would give teams an extra day of rest.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, since my cable system opted not to show the games :D

Edited by NSab

I think it was Time Warner that screwed people over.

I like Thursday night football-- it's like an appitizer before the main course: sometimes I'll pass on it, but most times I am hungry and need a little something to tide me over until dinner.

Agreed, it's football, I'll watch it.

it's not that i don't like it, i just dont have the time in thursday to watch it.

i think thats more of what im saying. on friday you can have people over, drink all the beer you want and not have to worry about getting up and going to work the next morning. hell the since nfl is so worried about advertising, they would probably help sell more beer by having it on a friday night than thursday. im sure the players would prefer friday as well.

Football was meant to be played on Sundays, with one game per week on Mondays (and two on Thanksgiving to provide desperate respite from inane inlaws).

Ohhh, and ...

Cheerleaders are encouraged but should never venture onto the field unless to spontaneously kiss a player or if their top happens to blow off in the wind and they are chasing it.

Hit the quarterback like you hit any other player on a given play -- if the league wants QBs protected, they should develop better linemen.

:D Man Laws. :D

I think it was Time Warner that screwed people over.

I like Thursday night football-- it's like an appitizer before the main course: sometimes I'll pass on it, but most times I am hungry and need a little something to tide me over until dinner.

It's not just Time Warner. My cable co. don't carry it either. :D It costs me an extra $150 deposit on my lease to get a dish. I would watch it, but I can't afford to.

I want football on every day of the week. :D

Friday and saturdays are no nos as far as I know because of HS and college but it would be better. I'd rather see saturday myself.

As for NFL Network the cable companies are ones doing the screwing. It should ba part of basic service, but their greed is preventing it.

I don't mind the Thursday night game myself, though I will say that it's somewhat nerve wracking to have someone playing that night. If they lay an egg, you have to spend 2 extra days worrying about whether someone else on your team is capable and going to pick up the slack. On Sundays that other player is typically not more than 24 hours away, usually closer, to playing.

For example, on Turkey day I played Elam ... was pissed about the night he had when I could have played Josh Brown with his Monday night performance instead.

I like football anytime it's played however. As for my cable provider, Cox Communications isn't making it part of the basic package, it's a premium and must be paid for, however if you have their HD package (which I do) they show the NFL Network in HD...so I'm getting the games by default ... sort of.

Edited by baddfish2

Thursday games do not make the playing field level. Baltimore had to play on very short rest and had no chance against a division rival. I think the games should be saved for the weekend. On a similar note, I feel that Sunday night football will eventually replace monday night football as Football night in America.

Hard to like what you cant see.... I dont mind a Thursday night game once in awhile expecially toward the end of the season but what's the point when most people can't watch?! It's stupid.

furthermore, when the Cowboys play that NFL network game, I will have cable and still be watching the game over my local broadcast, so I will have cable and not miss anything. It really does not bother me to miss out on the other teams. NFL Network acts like I will complain but in all honesty I won't miss any Cowboy's games. The NFL network is the loser here because they miss out on viewers.

I rather prefer Earl, The Office and now Scrubs along w/ college football and basketball. Thurs, Sun and Mon of the NFL really takes up a lot of my time!

I'm with you. I'm an NFL die hard, but Thursday night is just an awkward night to watch the game.... even before my favorite shows ended up on the same night. The season kickoff is weird on a Thursday and screwed up my league's draft every year, and it's just plain weird to have a game 3 days afdter MNF and then 2-3 days BEFORE the rest of the weeks games. I much prefer the Sat-Mon schedule.

The lame NFL crew doesn't help.

Why do people think they got screwed???? If you don't have the NFL ticket which you would only get at most three Sunday games to watch. The Thursday game would just be another game on Sunday that you would not be seeing because a different game would be on.

I don't understand why you people are so upset. This Thursday game gives YOU the opportunity to watch another game that YOU would not be seeing on Sunday if YOU would get Directv which has the NFL Network in the standard package.

Everyone must be democrats and expect everything to be handed to you.