[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brands you avoid

junebugz

There was a thread awhile back based on Brands you love ... well, this is the opposite. What brands do you purposefully try to avoid and why?

For me it is ...

Ryobi - crappy batteries for power tools

Generic batteries - give me either Duracell or Energizer (although I do use rechargables in my camera)

GE Electronics - had to take back an under-the-counter cd player 3 times finally got refund after cd player wouldn't work in any of them.

I am sure there is more but can't :D of them right now.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread awhile back based on Brands you love ... well, this is the opposite. What brands do you purposefully try to avoid and why?

For me it is ...

Ryobi - crappy batteries for power tools

Generic batteries - give me either Duracell or Energizer (although I do use rechargables in my camera)

GE Electronics - had to take back an under-the-counter cd player 3 times finally got refund after cd player wouldn't work in any of them.

I am sure there is more but can't :D of them right now.

Generic batteries are absolutely the way to go. Probably not on rechargable, but regular generic batteries last just as long as brand name only significantly cheaper!

Generic batteries are absolutely the way to go. Probably not on rechargable, but regular generic batteries last just as long as brand name only significantly cheaper!

don't know if it matters or not, but i buy my batteries at Sam's club so they are definitely cheaper than buying them anywhere else ... i have tried rayovac and other batteries in the past and they didn't seem to work as long :D

Does anyone use a brand of Mayonaise other than Helmans?? Because i would avoid that..

How about other ketchups besides Heinz, i would avoid those also.

I also avoid DeLonghi products, i find them to be garbage.

I used to like Sony, but in recent years it has moved up my "Avoid" list quickly.

Does anyone use a brand of Mayonaise other than Helmans?? Because i would avoid that..

How about other ketchups besides Heinz, i would avoid those also.

I also avoid DeLonghi products, i find them to be garbage.

I used to like Sony, but in recent years it has moved up my "Avoid" list quickly.

Cains is fine for Mayo. Hunts is fine for Ketchup

:D

hard to think about what brands i avoid....

budwiesser

not a fan of oscar mayer

ffg :D

generally don't like american cars

paul newman's food products

no-name gas stations

wal-mart (unless there is no alternative)

nba (nuthin but azhats)

mcdonalds