[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost Everything - Flood

MrTed46

Hey guys,

As some of you know NYC got his hard with rainfall 2 days ago. I think it was something like 9" in 10minutes I have never seen anything like this before. Again, as some of you know I purchased a new home and doing construction in it so I moved all my belongings to my parents house for storage.

Well two days ago a flash flood came and swept everything in my neighborhood. It looked like New Orlens but no where near as severe. I could have swam across the street!

All my belongings in my mom's house was totally destroyed along with my car which was in their driveway. Along with my stuff my sister lived in the basement and luckily she wasnt there at the time but all her belonging are gone. My moms basement is totally destroyed.

Insurance says they will cover 20,000 worth of damages where that doesnt even scatch the surface. My electronics alone cost over that. My stuff included 50" plasma, 7.1 quality home theatre system, oak bedroom sets, etc. My moms basement has to be gutted and rebuilt. All my sisters jewelery from her sweet 16 till now is gone probably down the sewer main (she is 31yrs old btw).

This came at the worst time as I am spread thing financially with the new home purchase and construction. I have NEVER felt like this before as I feel I hit rock bottom. Thankfully me and my family have our health and will eventually recover from this.

I just wanted to vent and get good vibes sent this way. Thanks for reading as I know many of you will wish me the best and that meants alot to me.

Hey guys,

As some of you know NYC got his hard with rainfall 2 days ago. I think it was something like 9" in 10minutes I have never seen anything like this before. Again, as some of you know I purchased a new home and doing construction in it so I moved all my belongings to my parents house for storage.

Well two days ago a flash flood came and swept everything in my neighborhood. It looked like New Orlens but no where near as severe. I could have swam across the street!

All my belongings in my mom's house was totally destroyed along with my car which was in their driveway. Along with my stuff my sister lived in the basement and luckily she wasnt there at the time but all her belonging are gone. My moms basement is totally destroyed.

Insurance says they will cover 20,000 worth of damages where that doesnt even scatch the surface. My electronics alone cost over that. My stuff included 50" plasma, 7.1 quality home theatre system, oak bedroom sets, etc. My moms basement has to be gutted and rebuilt. All my sisters jewelery from her sweet 16 till now is gone probably down the sewer main (she is 31yrs old btw).

This came at the worst time as I am spread thing financially with the new home purchase and construction. I have NEVER felt like this before as I feel I hit rock bottom. Thankfully me and my family have our health and will eventually recover from this.

I just wanted to vent and get good vibes sent this way. Thanks for reading as I know many of you will wish me the best and that meants alot to me.

:D Wow, that is terrible news. Best vibes goin' to you and your family.

Yeah, what D3 said. I guess the contents insurance topped out at $20k - not something most people think about a lot. I know what a big home theater fan you are, Ted, and what a hugh help you've been to people on this board so I wish you all the good fortune in the world - and your family too.

I feel for you bro...and I am happy that no one was hurt. That is the important thing. Hopefully the insurance company will buck up and do the right thing by you.

Be well.

:D Jeez MrTed, that is terrible news and I wish you and your family the best in trying to recover from that horrible event.

You may want to get some legal advice from an expert on this. Your insurance is going to tell you that they will give you the least amount that they can possibly get away with... but that doesn't mean that they might not be legally obligated to give you more. If I were you I would spend A LOT of time pursuing this. Sometimes just a carefully worded letter printed on the stationery of a reputable legal firm is enough to loosen the purse strings.

Sorry for your loss. I'll remember you in my prayers. Good luck rebuilding. :D

Edited by Savage Beatings

Sorry to hear Bro! Good vibes are on the way!

Edited by NSab

Bummer dude. Good thoughts your way. No one getting hurt is hugh. Tell the insurance company you will be seeing a lawyer. Couldn't hurt and may be the best money you could spend right now. Even if said esquire can't help much they will at least have some solid advice.

I feel you man. The NY area has had some really wild storms this year. On Long Island, where there is almost never any sort of wide spread flooding, that storm that came through about 3 weeks ago left about 3 feet of water in the street. They called that one a "hundred year storm".... after having some water in the basement last year, I brought in 1000 pounds of top soil along with some patio bricks and regraded around the one side of my house. That saved me from the sort of disaster you had. Where is exactly is your Mom's house? Brooklyn? LI didn't get hit as hard as the metro area in this last storm. The weather has been absolutely whacky. Every one of my neighbors had at least some water in their basements... while I got lucky. People with basement window wells got swamped.

Glad everyone is OK though...