[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snowing in Texas

Grits and Shins

My entire lawn is carpeted in the white stuff right now ... it has been snowing steadily for the last 3 hours or so.

It was in the 70s yesterday so the roads are too warm for there to be any real accumulation ... but grassy areas and roof tops are clearly accumulating away. Of course the sun will come out tomorrow and that will be the end of the accumulation.

March 3rd no less.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to hear any more complaining from our northern huddlers about blizzards. There's probably a good quarter inch of snow in my yard and I will be at work tomorrow. Texans are tough like that.

As a transplant from NoDak, I wish most of you would just stay home tomorrow. :wacko:

Just north of Dallas here and it has been snowing pretty good for probably 5 hours. I would guess almost an inch or more on the grass and roofs but not on the pavement. No matter how much it snows, I fully intend to be at work tomorrow as well.

I left just in time. Not that the white stuff got down to Austin, but I learned from the better half that it's cold as all heck. Mid 40's on the eastern shore of Maryland tonight and should be in the mid-60's in the DelMarVa area tomorrow. And then, of course, in the 80's in Florida for the rest of my trip. :wacko:

E2A: And about this time last year, it DID snow in Austin.... and where was I? Florida. :D

Edited by darin3

cold as all heck. Mid 40's

Anyone who refers to a temperature over 10 degrees above freezing as "cold as heck" should be sentenced to a winter in upstate New York. By the time it hits the mid-40s, you'll be busting out the shorts and rolling the windows down.

My entire lawn is carpeted in the white stuff right now ... it has been snowing steadily for the last 3 hours or so.

It was in the 70s yesterday so the roads are too warm for there to be any real accumulation ... but grassy areas and roof tops are clearly accumulating away. Of course the sun will come out tomorrow and that will be the end of the accumulation.

March 3rd no less.

A side effect of Climal Warnging :wacko:

March 3rd no less.

I don't want to hear any more complaining from our northern huddlers about blizzards. There's probably a good quarter inch of snow in my yard and I will be at work tomorrow. Texans are tough like that.

Just north of Dallas here and it has been snowing pretty good for probably 5 hours. I would guess almost an inch or more on the grass and roofs but not on the pavement. No matter how much it snows, I fully intend to be at work tomorrow as well.

One inch of snow = discounted greens fees up here :wacko:

There was more than 2 feet of ice on the lake I was fishing last weekend. If any of you Texas guys are ever going to be up this way in the the winter months and want to do some ice fishing, I am sure myself or some of the other MN fellas could hook you up.

Anyone who refers to a temperature over 10 degrees above freezing as "cold as heck" should be sentenced to a winter in upstate New York. By the time it hits the mid-40s, you'll be busting out the shorts and rolling the windows down.

Minnesotans vacation in upstate New York to get a break from the cold :D

Been a very warm winter in central Texas...been fishing in shorts the past few months as most of the days have been up in the 70s/80s. Got a 9 lber in the boat last Friday :D

Good golly, can we please go get lunch? Where is rbmcdonald? :wacko:

Central Florida is niiiiiiice. Low 80's at 1am. :D

Going home to Austin tomorrow... should be OK.

I'm hammered. Orlando is a fun town.