[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sometimes life throws you a curve...

Sox

Many of you here know that I got engaged last February.We set a date for June 13th,2009.

She has been through a lot the last month.Her brother had disk replacement surgery,and her grandmother was placed in a nursing home.She's been under a fair amount of stress.So when her cycle was initially late,she figured that was why.Several days later,no cycle,so I purchased a home pregnancy test and when she got home from work,we tested.She tested in the bathroom,said come on in,pointed at the test which showed only one line and said,"Look,I'm not pregnant."

Me-"Sweetie,it's only been about 30 seconds.It says to wait for three minutes."

It didn't take that long.About 30 more seconds later,you guessed it,the second line appeared,which indicates you are pregnant.She used the second test the next morning,same result.Next Monday we go to have her checked out with the doctor that delivered my sister's last baby.

Looks like I'm going to be a father.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! :wacko:

This brings back memories of when my sister got pregnant in somewhat the same situation.

me: hello

sister: put mom on the phone

me: why are you in a rush, are you pregnant or something

sister: ....

me: oh...yea here's mom

Edited by seminoles

Move up that wedding or prepare to delay it. I think she'll be in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy and that won't be such a comfortable time for a wedding. :wacko:

Congrats! I hope it was in the plans for you and your fiance. Parenthood is one of the most stressful, but absolutely fantasic things ever.

Move up that wedding or prepare to delay it. I think she'll be in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy and that won't be such a comfortable time for a wedding. :wacko:

Congrats! I hope it was in the plans for you and your fiance. Parenthood is one of the most stressful, but absolutely fantasic things ever.

We will most likely move it up.She doesn't have insurance,so we need to get her on mine pretty quickly.We're going to figure it out after the doctor appointment.Yes,we were planning on having two kids,so it looks like we just got a bit of a head start.We both initially freaked a bit,but now we're just grinning at each other all the time. :D

We will most likely move it up.She doesn't have insurance,so we need to get her on mine pretty quickly.We're going to figure it out after the doctor appointment.Yes,we were planning on having two kids,so it looks like we just got a bit of a head start.We both initially freaked a bit,but now we're just grinning at each other all the time. :wacko:

You better watch out for pre existing condition clauses in your plan. Som plans, as she is pregnant before getting coverage, will not cover anything related to the pregnancy

Move up that wedding or prepare to delay it. I think she'll be in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy and that won't be such a comfortable time for a wedding. :D

Not sure here :wacko: but i think if they stuck with the origional wedding date the kid would be 3 months old, not in it's 3rd trimester :D

ps-congrats

You better watch out for pre existing condition clauses in your plan. Som plans, as she is pregnant before getting coverage, will not cover anything related to the pregnancy

I've already checked with my insurance.They assured me they have no pre existing clause for pregnancy,and she and all of her care will be covered.

:wacko:

We will most likely move it up.She doesn't have insurance,so we need to get her on mine pretty quickly.We're going to figure it out after the doctor appointment.Yes,we were planning on having two kids,so it looks like we just got a bit of a head start.We both initially freaked a bit,but now we're just grinning at each other all the time. :D

I've already checked with my insurance.They assured me they have no pre existing clause for pregnancy,and she and all of her care will be covered.

:wacko:

You must have the best ins. coverage ever. I don't think I've ever seen that one. Good for you and congrats.

Congrats Sox...nothing like little ones running around, smiling, laughing, walking precariously along the back of the furniture, jumping from chair to chair, racing around the kitchen table...on top, pulling all the pots and pans out of the cabinets, hurling toys at one another, pulling hair, biting, peeing on the floor/carpet, swinging from the chandeliers, opening the front door and running down the street naked,...hmmmm

You might want to wish for girls... :wacko:

:wacko: Congrats!!

Make sure you sleep as much as you can now... because you won't get any once the little one is born. Same goes for sex. Also, if your wife breast feeds, just because they're huge and they look like a lot of fun to play with, DON'T bat them around like a cat playing with a ball of yarn. Let's just say that my chick didn't "dig it". Unless of course you like living on the edge, then by all means go for it.