[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flip Flops

Skilly

Hate em.

Flip flops are not appropriate footwear while out in public, people. They are what you put on to go to the shower or perhaps the pool.

Go to any mall in America these days, and I'll bet the number of flip-flop wearing hippies outnumber us God-fearing, shoe-wearing Americans by 5 to 1.

I can't stand that stupid "schwap!" sound they make every time the foot comes up, and then of course there's the issue of having to look at your dirty feet all day. STOP BEING LAZY and put on some shoes for gosh sakes!

:wacko: End rant.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate em.

Flip flops are not appropriate footwear while out in public, people. They are what you put on to go to the shower or perhaps the pool.

Go to any mall in America these days, and I'll bet the number of flip-flop wearing hippies outnumber us God-fearing, shoe-wearing Americans by 5 to 1.

I can't stand that stupid "schwap!" sound they make every time the foot comes up, and then of course there's the issue of having to look at your dirty feet all day. STOP BEING LAZY and put on some shoes for gosh sakes!

:wacko: End rant.

:D What? Are you serious? I don't wear anything BUT from March-ish through October... unless I must.

Wait what? Hippies wearing flip-flops? OK, so I have my hippie tendencies but I thought the hardcore hips wore Birkenstocks (which I've never owned, never will).

But flip-flops? :D Um.... :D

Love 'Em

I mean I'm not wearing them to the course or a nice dinner, but they are comfortable. And after 10 months of boots... I'm loving my slippers, Poolside or at the Mall. With a little practice you can reduce the volume on that *Thwack*.

Love 'Em

Love 'em. :D

Forgot mine on a trip to FL a few years back and had to have a pair for lounging around the pool - paid $45 for a pair at the Ritz in Orlando. :wacko: Still wearing them - gotta get my money out of 'em. :D

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

:D What? Are you serious? I don't wear anything BUT from March-ish through October... unless I must.

Wait what? Hippies wearing flip-flops? OK, so I have my hippie tendencies but I thought the hardcore hips wore Birkenstocks (which I've never owned, never will).

But flip-flops? :D Um.... :wacko:

:D It's one of those pet peeves I have, I guess. I have no idea what a Birkenstock is, but it sounds painful. Like I said, it's just a mindless rant that I felt I needed to get off my chest. I'm better now. :D

Just last week I had a flip-flop epiphany. I'd never worn them in public. Never. But I had just got done working out in the garden for 2 hours in 95 degree heat and I was GROSS. We had to go out to the store and pick up some ingredients for dinner and the Sheikette said "Just wear your flip-flops". I said "Are you trying to turn me into a hippie or something?". But, I wore them to the store, and I gotta say. . .it was pretty comfortable.

Like Egret, I have soccer sandals, also known as slides. I think 'slides' sounds more masculine.

I live in my slides. I have two pair. One pair sits in my closet until my current pair wears out. I cannot be without my slides.

I have to back up the already-validated assertion that hippies most assuredly DO NOT wear flip-flops - flip-flops/Crocs are footwear for the lazy consumerist.

Hippies are usually recognized by their willingness to spend some serious jack on quality Jesus boots.

EDIT - in the interest of full disclosure, I don't own or wear flip-flops but once the temp gets consistently up into the 60s I am workin' my sandals every chance I get.

Edited by Chavez

actual flip flops that go between the one toe are for woman and woman only. Give me a manly pair of Jesus sandals anyday :wacko:

actual flip flops that go between the one toe are for woman and woman only. Give me a manly pair of Jesus sandals anyday :wacko:

Thank you Whomp! I can't stand the between the toe thing. I do have flops and wear them all the time here in Florida, but they have no toe irritant. And I also have a pair of Tevas and docksiders as well. Standard apparel here in Florida. Other than my flops, the docksiders are the most comfy shoe I own. They are looking ratty these days but they're comfy, so who gives a sh*t.

My Reef leather flip-flops are about 6 years old now & are the most comfortable pair of footwear I've ever owned. I will get great enjoyment out of knowing I irritate the poopy out of people when I wear them. :wacko:

Juarachi's, $10 from a market in Mexico somewhere. Soles were made from tires, Goodyear I think. The trick to make those comfortable was to soak them in water and wear them until they dried conforming to your foot. There was an 18 month period in my life when my feet were never darkened by socks or shoes.