[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Would Appreciate Your Prayers...

Chargerz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note - I don't know much about stents. Are they permanent or temporary? Meaning do they open up the arteries over time and later removed or do they pretty much stay in to do their job?

Stents are made out of titanium and are permanent. The technique involves opening the vessel with a balloon that has the stent lying over it. As the balloon is inflated it presses the stent up against the vessel wall. After the balloon is deflated and removed, the stent holds the vessel open. Stents are coated with a material that keeps platelets from adhering to them. In this way artery-blocking clots are prevented from occurring.

When my doc rounded on me this morning, I asked him if any new stents had come out on the market recently, and he told me they had started using the latest model just since this Monday. Talk about good timing on my part!!!

Awesome news Doc! :wacko:

Hey, if you don't mind me asking: How old are you, what kind of shape are you in, and what's your family history of coronary disease?

Oh, and if I'm out of line for asking, I apologize in advance.

As BJ has posted, I'm 58. I have a very strong family history of heart disease. Almost all of my male relatives have died from heart attacks. My dad had his first heart attack at 45 and he died from another one at 53. I just recently went on Nutrisystem and lost 40 pounds. As I lost the weight I began to walk more, and it was during this time of increased activity that I began to have more chest pain.

Stents are made out of titanium and are permanent. The technique involves opening the vessel with a balloon that has the stent lying over it. As the balloon is inflated it presses the stent up against the vessel wall. After the balloon is deflated and removed, the stent holds the vessel open. Stents are coated with a material that keeps platelets from adhering to them. In this way artery-blocking clots are prevented from occurring.

When my doc rounded on me this morning, I asked him if any new stents had come out on the market recently, and he told me they had started using the latest model just since this Monday. Talk about good timing on my part!!!

:wacko:

Holy crap, this is a drive thru surgery? You're home? Glad to hear it went so well! :wacko:

WAY easier than open-heart surgery (still scary however)!!!

I just recently went on Nutrisystem and lost 40 pounds. As I lost the weight I began to walk more, and it was during this time of increased activity that I began to have more chest pain.

So I guess the moral of the story is to avoid losing weight and avoid exercise.

So I guess the moral of the story is to avoid losing weight and avoid exercise.

Yes. I've lived by that rule almost all my life.

Wow. The only good thing about stepping out for a couple of days is beginning to read the thread and sending out prayers, only to read the outcome in the same night!!!

Congrats, Doc.

Maybe now one of your more indiscriminating patients will offer to give you an "examination"!!!

So I wonder if you are loaded enough to set off metal detectors in airports?.. :wacko:

So I wonder if you are loaded enough to set off metal detectors in airports?.. :wacko:

My doc says the stents will not do this.

But the hardware in my back already does. :D