[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for some comfort.

tbimm

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hate to hear this, Christmas time will be hard time now & in the future, but time heals somewhat...though not entirely...I've been crying today about my sister, who died in 2006. I saw a good quote: A Ministering Angel shall my sister be--William Shakespear--sub-in dad for sister and it is my message to you

tbimm.....even though we don't personally know each other, i understand your sorry and loss.

i lost my dad 8 years ago and still miss him very much. not as much as i did when he passed and not as much as you

miss your dad today. i can tell you, it will get better and you will feel better, this is true....but you will always miss him

in your own special way, for your own special reasons. this is all ok, it's part of being human.

grieve for him and for your loss of him, however feels right to you, this important.

but never forget the memories of him, the lessons he taught you, the things that he said, the way he did things....

these are very real and will always keep him alive in your heart and daily actions.

this is a poem i discovered back when my dad passed and i read it at his funeral.

i hope it and the words i shared, bring you some comfort. peace.

Northwest Indian Memorial on death

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there.

I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on the snow.

I am the sunlight on the ripened grain.

I am the autumn rain.

When you awake in the morning hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of birds circling in flight.

I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there.

I do not sleep.

author unknown

Whenever we have a thread like this telling us of a loss of a loved one Savage Beatings usually suggests that the person who started it maybe tell us some good stories or something special about the loved one that we lost. Whether that is today , a month , or years from now that could be theraputic to you Tbimm. We would sure love to listen and it may help you feel better. Again, when you are ready. May your dad rest in peace. We are here for you

Edited by whomper