[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today's pet peeve

AtomicCEO

I've been on a hair trigger recently, and one of my targets is people who answer one part of a two part question, or reply with a single word when it is totally inadequate to answer the question. I've taken to just copying and pasting the unanswered part of the email into a response word for word.

Actual Real Life Examples, not made up:

Q. What date do you need this, and who should I coordinate with?

A. We need it next Wednesday.

Q. Can you set up this application on that computer and configure it exactly like this?

A. No problem, how do you want me to configure it?

Q. We can either use method A or method B to complete this for you depending on your priorities.

A. Sounds Good.

Q. We haven't been able to do this work because we didn't get an invoice. What should we do?

A. Yes.

No kidding, that last one sent me off on a tear to kill.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on a hair trigger recently, and one of my targets is people who answer one part of a two part question, or reply with a single word when it is totally inadequate to answer the question. I've taken to just copying and pasting the unanswered part of the email into a response word for word.

Q. Can you set up this application on that computer and configure it exactly like this?

Q. We can either use method A or method B to complete this for you depending on your priorities.

A. Sounds Good.

Q. We haven't been able to do this work because we didn't get an invoice. What should we do?

A. Yes.

What is the net-net of all this?

A. Sounds Good.

A. Yes.

Now you know what it feels like to be me on a daily basis. I love my kids in school but because I work with kids who have special needs, these are the kinds of Q&As I get all the time but to an even lesser extent.

Q- Did you write your homework down in your planner?

A- Planner? What planner?

Q- Did you write "your name" down on your paper?

A- Yes, as they point to where their name should be and written in it's place is- "Your Name".

Q- Are you buying a school lunch today? What would you like?

A- Yes, I have my own lunch.

Q- You know that you're going home on the bus today?

A- Am I going home on a bus?

and on and on...

I guess your situation is worse cause you expect better. My kids have legitimate issues.

Edited by irish

We have an account that I email that I always have to keep my boss on CC when I do. Everytime the designer emails me back she doesnt CC my boss and I have to forward it to him. I want to fracture her larynx

We have an account that I email that I always have to keep my boss on CC when I do. Everytime the designer emails me back she doesnt CC my boss and I have to forward it to him. I want to fracture her larynx

Maybe snapping one of her fingers would be more appropriate as you don't here much from her when she replies any way.

or maybe just a quick lesson on how to "reply to all".

tell her to hit "reply all" instead of just "reply"

or you can put your boss in the "to:" box so that he automatically gets the reply when she hits "reply"

tell her to hit "reply all" instead of just "reply"

or you can put your boss in the "to:" box so that he automatically gets the reply when she hits "reply"

:wacko:

Wait for it...

I know where that's from now. :proud:

I also know the feeling re. the OP. I oversee several (s/w) systems and diff versions of each in progress and then see requests like "promote the code." :wacko: Apparently it doesn't matter which.

Reply All should be banned and those that use it should be dipped in hot oil.

? Sometimes it's useful.

However when reply all includes a massive distro list (and most of us on it have no interest in the topic), I'm with you. Doubly so when someone uses it to say "don't reply all."

Edited by BeeR