[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your drink ?

whomper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are out or home having a drink what do you usually order ? Since I started bartending I have asked my friends this question because its good to hear what people are ordering so I am prepared .

I have always been a beer drinker. When I am out I rarely drink mixed drinks. I usually just have beer. What says the huddle masses ?

TBone no need to reply. I have your Captain and Coke with a lime lined up. Darin I know you like to mix it up but I think I am safe if I get a Jack N Diet ready for you.

Big John I know this may be Food and Beverage but I put it here because its research :wacko:

:D

It completely depends on the type of place I'm going to and my mood. Though type of place trumps all because you don't want to try and get a good drink from a crappy bar.

that pretty much sums it up for me. i'm not likely going to order a bier at a martini bar (even a nicer belgian), nor am i going to order martini at a dive.

also depends on my mood (and sometimes the mood of the group i'm with).

in general:

mixed drink: jack and coke. very fond of rum and vodka otherwise.

martini: either dirty or absolut kurrant shaken

bier: either a german hefe or dunkel, or belgian

blended: margaritas or lava flows

wine: truly depends.

Edited by Bier Meister

It all depends on my mood at the time, but generally speaking:

At home >> beer or bloody mary

Out >> Grey Goose with nothing but ice or Pinch with nothing but ice

I like stingers, but am no longer permitted to drink those in at least 3 states, at least from what little I remember.

I drink beer ususally. But if I go to Red Robin, I always order the fruitiest parasol and garnish laden beach coctail they offer. It's a tradition.

I drink Captain and tonic a lot when I order a mixed drink.

I went out the other night with friends to a really fancy downtown bar and just ordered the weirdest drink I could think up every time the waitress came by: Sidecar, Grasshopper, Manhattan, Old Fashioned... I got hammered that night. Hammered.

Tanqueray & Tonic with double lime and a splash of orange juice.

F'n awesome. :wacko:

Been working on a name, GTO (gin & tonic + orange juice) would have been awesome, but turns out it was already taken.

Someone said any drink with OJ added is called "stoned", but I have yet to have a bartender recognized that.

Open to suggestions on a name.

Tanqueray & Tonic with double lime and a splash of orange juice.

F'n awesome. :wacko:

Been working on a name, GTO (gin & tonic + orange juice) would have been awesome, but turns out it was already taken.

Someone said any drink with OJ added is called "stoned", but I have yet to have a bartender recognized that.

Open to suggestions on a name.

Not sure if every drink with OJ is called stoned. i dont think so. I do know that for instance an Amaretto Sour if you add OJ is called an Amaretto Stone Sour.