[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is Wendy's thinking?

Cyclones

So in the last year or so, Wendy's has changed their fries and now their burgers, and both have been the suck. They've had a product that has worked for years, why change things up? I realize Hardee's went through a complete overhaul and hit a home run with their line of angus Thickburgers, but their old food was garbage.

The only reason I will stop at Wendy's now is for chicken sandwiches.

I just don't know why they put the chubby lady in their commercials. That's great that they named a fast food restaurant after you, but showing what happens to people when they eat a lot of that chit is probably a poor marketing decision.

I just don't know why they put the chubby lady in their commercials. That's great that they named a fast food restaurant after you, but showing what happens to people when they eat a lot of that chit is probably a poor marketing decision.

:wacko:

Haven't had their burgers or fries in years but I remember liking them more than McDonalds. If I'm going to splurge on that crap once in a while, I'm getting a 1/2 lb. black angus burger and steak fries from a good local joint with either a milkshake or a Guinness.

Rarely do I go to fast food joints, but last week I did hit a Wendy's, and the fries were total suckitude. Soggy, tasteless. How difficult is it to make a decent crispy french fry? I even think the reputable McDonald's fries could be much better.

If I'm going to mouth inject that sort of fat, the fries I can make at home are far, far better.

They initiated this campaign about a year ago - it was to attract a broader spectrum of customers through "real ingredients". People wanted more natural foods so this was their approach. I think they added a bunch of concept salads and other crap as well.

They claimed that it did well in quite a few test markets so they rolled it out nationally.

ETA: All tastes the same to me. Crap.

Edited by twiley

They initiated this campaign about a year ago - it was to attract a broader spectrum of customers through "real ingredients". People wanted more natural foods so this was their approach. I think they added a bunch of concept salads and other crap as well.

They claimed that it did well in quite a few test markets so they rolled it out nationally.

ETA: All tastes the same to me. Crap.

THis... as a marketing guy, the articles I read on it were interesting. Essentially they did a complete study on everything from lettuce (iceberg, romaine, other, none), pickles (smooth, crinkle, none), bun (plain, sesame, toasted, etc.) and this "new" line performed extrmely well in quite a few test markets.

I rarely eat there... back in the day it was all about the junior bacon cheeseburgers which were 99 cents at the time... a sack of those, some fries and a Frosty.

Recently it's been the baked potato and a chili.... not bad and relatively clean compared to the other options

the burgers have gone downhill. they used to be the square ones that stuck outside the bun, and it was a big bun. now they have a little bun and a little burger. the bun is also more like mcd vs. before it had some substance. i get no sense that it is more natural, only smaller.

THis... as a marketing guy, the articles I read on it were interesting. Essentially they did a complete study on everything from lettuce (iceberg, romaine, other, none), pickles (smooth, crinkle, none), bun (plain, sesame, toasted, etc.) and this "new" line performed extrmely well in quite a few test markets.

I rarely eat there... back in the day it was all about the junior bacon cheeseburgers which were 99 cents at the time... a sack of those, some fries and a Frosty.

Recently it's been the baked potato and a chili.... not bad and relatively clean compared to the other options

I will add to this:

When the kid has a hankering for nuggets, I'll take him here and I know I can get a fairly healthy meal - Grilled Chicken Wrap and side salad. All around 350 cals.

/Paranoid Schizophrenia on

He who controls the food supplies controls the world. You all shouldn't be eating any fast food. Don't you all know that fast foot and grocery stories are the vessels which Agenda 21 uses to get the chemicals out to us and 'unknowingly' ingested? This is how they plan to reduce the world population down to under 5 million. We continue to eat these chemicals in this so-called food and it continues to damage our bodies, shorting our life spans and damaging our genetic makeup. It's in the makeup you wear, Darin, the water you drink, Egret, the pron you slick one off to, Scooby's hub and the toilet paper you wipe your butt with, Muck. That's why bad food is so cheap (and subsidized by the government) and that's why you never see coupons for fresh fruits and veggies. You have to wake up and fight the power! Only eat road kill and what you can grow. Everyone is in on it: The government, labor unions, Del Taco, Enterprise Rent-a-car, Downy Quilted TP, and Toys R Us. Don't believe me? Well then I'd like to introduce you to my friend Jules Winnfield who is an ex CIA/DoD clandestine kangaroo spy with a rather curly and large Afro who brought me all of the documents on this. He said reach into his pouch and pull out the file that says, "Bad Muthaf*cker" on it and you'll see

Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!!

/Paranoid Schizophrenia off

/Paranoid Schizophrenia on

He who controls the food supplies controls the world. You all shouldn't be eating any fast food. Don't you all know that fast foot and grocery stories are the vessels which Agenda 21 uses to get the chemicals out to us and 'unknowingly' ingested? This is how they plan to reduce the world population down to under 5 million. We continue to eat these chemicals in this so-called food and it continues to damage our bodies, shorting our life spans and damaging our genetic makeup. It's in the makeup you wear, Darin, the water you drink, Egret, the pron you slick one off to, Scooby's hub and the toilet paper you wipe your butt with, Muck. That's why bad food is so cheap (and subsidized by the government) and that's why you never see coupons for fresh fruits and veggies. You have to wake up and fight the power! Only eat road kill and what you can grow. Everyone is in on it: The government, labor unions, Del Taco, Enterprise Rent-a-car, Downy Quilted TP, and Toys R Us. Don't believe me? Well then I'd like to introduce you to my friend Jules Winnfield who is an ex CIA/DoD clandestine kangaroo spy with a rather curly and large Afro who brought me all of the documents on this. He said reach into his pouch and pull out the file that says, "Bad Muthaf*cker" on it and you'll see

Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!! Attica!!!

/Paranoid Schizophrenia off

This.

Used to live on Wendys dollar menu back in law school - it was the only place within walking distance. But I haven't eaten much fast food since then. Contrasting myself to the full figure of the current "Wendys" spokeswoman, I'm fairly confident that was a wise decision.

I love the new fries. In fact I like them better than McDonalds. I go once a week for the Cobb salad or spicy chicken.

They weren't soggy? Mine were more like mashed than fried. I will likely not go to another burger joint for another year. Except that one place....one of those newer trendy chains, started in Baltimore... LOL, forget the name. Best fries ever... unpeeled of course. They serve unshelled peanuts too for free.

They weren't soggy? Mine were more like mashed than fried. I will likely not go to another burger joint for another year. Except that one place....one of those newer trendy chains, started in Baltimore... LOL, forget the name. Best fries ever... unpeeled of course. They serve unshelled peanuts too for free.

5 Guys?