[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts? USA Today predictions

purplemonster

I think the Browns win more than 6 games, but it will greatly depend on how many game Watson misses, when those occur and of course how the backup QBs fair. I sure didn't see an 8-9 record for 2021 after going 11-5 in 2020. 

I think BUF loses more than 2 games, looking at their schedule they play their division twice + AFCN + NFCN + Rams + Chiefs + Titans. Even if they go 6-0 in their division they face some pretty good teams outside that including CIN, BAL, KC, LAR, GB.

I don't know what the Texans wins are going to be but their roster is ghastly. 

I agree the Bills seems steep at 15-2. That doesn't allow for many injuries or off days. 

I'd like to think the Jets will be better than 5-12 this year 

Falcons at 2-15? Seems low by a few games. 

Broncos too low. 8-9? 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

AFC-W:  I think Broncos are criminally low here.  That said, this division is going to be so close, so perhaps Russ doesn't cook as much as we think he will in Denver?

AFC-N:  I think they got this one down right, assuming a lengthy suspension for Watson, though.  If he only sits 4-6 games I think the Browns will be much better.  Heck, I think they could go 6-11 with Brissett at the helm.  

AFC-S:  Colts too low.  I think they're a double-digit winner at worst.  

AFC-E:  I love the Bills but I think they lose more than 2 games.  That's a bit pie-in-the-sky.

NFC-W:  Cardinals will win more than 7 games, Seahawks will be lucky to win 4.

NFC-N:  Looks spot-on.

NFC-S:  Looks good but maybe a bit heavy on the Bucs.  I have them winning 11-12.  

NFC-E:  Flip Cowboys and Eagles and looks good.

Yeah, I can't see the Cowboys not taking the East. If they don't, Payton well be there before Christmas and may be anyhow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, irish said:

Yeah, I can't see the Cowboys not taking the East. If they don't, Payton well be there before Christmas and may be anyhow. 

Yeah I can see the Cowboys winning East by a game or two and then summarily getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Good effort, McCarthy, but not enough to save you from Payton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irish said:

I agree, the Eagles look half decent on paper but they still have a ton of holes on defense, especially in the middle of the field and at safety. And I do think they overachieved a bit last season. 

18 hours ago, irish said:

Saints will welcome your 1st round draft picks! :lol:

• Sad 1

It took the Saints having nothing at QB for 2/3 of the season, nothing at WR, no kicker, and a completely injured OL to barely miss the playoffs on a tiebreak last year. They could pretty easily content with the Bucs for that division with Thomas, Olave, and Landry along with Winston, Lutz, and the OL being back. 

Edited by j4pac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CaP'N GRuNGe said:

I'll be disappointed if the Vikes finish 8-9. Then again it's the Vikes. I'm excited to see what the new coaching staff can do on both sides of the ball.

Do my eyes deceive me or is that GRuNGe?  

1 hour ago, CaP'N GRuNGe said:

You need glasses. Not me.

No longer my friend, those days are long in my past. Wandering back here I see. 

• 2 weeks later...

They don't think Stafford's elbow will be an issue but I'd be concerned if I were the Rams. If he misses time because of it that'll be prime opportunity for my S.F. 49ers to win the division. I picked them to win before Stafford's elbow. Patriots won't win 10 games. Detroit finishes 3rd ahead of the Bears.

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 8:44 AM, purplemonster said:

FYl1ksUX0AAwBO-.jpeg.jpg

Checking in on these early season predictions. I thought the Bills might be over-ranked here but after pulling out some close wins they may get close to 15-2, the Broncos who I thought were too low may not be far off. The Falcons have already exceeded their prediction with only 6 games. The Giants are 5-1 already. Jets are going to blow their total out of the water likely. 

1 hour ago, boltnlava said:

Now...now..Skeeeter he ain't hurtin' nobody.

Not one bit, good to see him wandering around.