[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I explain the draft to my girlfriend?

Skilly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people really have these problems with their sig o?

I struggle explaining this kind of obsession with certain friends of mine, but the special lady friend knows she has to deal.

1422877[/snapback]

Does she see it as opportunity for profit? I scratch your back...

After winning in my long time league 3 out of 7 years and winning last year in a league I just joined she doesn't really say much in regards to my obsession. She actually got really into the NCAA tourney and was in more pools than me. :D I told her that the next step is Fantasy Football. :D

I say if you help her on the 27th and 28th and on the 29th AM she should have no complaints with your watching the draft....If she puts up a fuss you are in big trouble on Sundays this fall. But if she's moving in I find it hard to believe that she doesn't already know and accept your obssession.

Good Luck!!

Could be worse....you could have to go to a couples shower on draft day :D

Edited by nhoops

So she is moving in a few days before and this is what you plan on doing: giving her money and taking her to a dinner and a movie? I think that is a terrible course of action as you are setting the bar high. If that is the case, she will expect that sort of treatment whenever you want to watch something all day, whether it be the draft or games or anything else that tickles your fancy. The best course of action would be to not do anything, tell her this is the way that it is and she should probably get used to it. If she has a difficult time with this, tell her you can discuss it on Sunday night, after the draft. She needs to know about your obsession, and sooner will be a ton better than later in this instance!

I think you should tell her that you plan on having an all day action romp with her! :D Tell her that it is tradition that when a couple take that next step in the relationship that it is very important that they really get to know eachother during each person's favorite hobby!

Just a thought.

Make it a game...

When Mel Kiper says "steal", she gets you a beer.

When an ESPN analyst says "reach", she gets you a sammich.

Whenever your team makes a draft pick, you get a Barnaby Jones.

Gotta get her trained early...

You shouldn't have to give cash to watch the draft.Dinner at 7:00 is more than adequate IMO.Maybe you should lay down the ground rules for your relationship before she moves in.You are a football junkie and ain't no woman gonna change that.If she really loves you she will understand,just ask my wife. :D

Here's a thought. Make a game out of it. Tell her that usually there is a pick every 20 min. Have each of you put together a 1st round draft order. Each time one of you gets it right, you have to do what the other wants you to do for the next 20 min.

Like, clean the bathroom, help her put her clothes away, etc. for her side of things.

:D I wonder what you could come up with for her to do.

Two words Sulfur Dioxide:

When given in the right amounts it will put a human into hibernation until a time you wish to revive the person.

Pump some of that into the air in the apartment and wear a gas mask. Then when the draft is over, open the windows and she’ll come around. Just tell her she got really drunk when you told her about taking her to paris and she passed out and missed the flight.

She says, "Are you telling me you will be watching sports all day, on our move-in weekend?!"

1422564[/snapback]

The fact that she refers to it as your move-in weekend should sound off warning bells in any man. Moving Day is Moving Day. :D That she wants to try to extend it like that is definitely a symptom of many more headaches to come...

You mean you're going out drinking with your friends during the week of our six-month anniversary? :D

No, silly. You can't go to Vegas this weekend. Remember last February when you agreed to go to that Couples' Shower with me this Saturday? It'll be fun! Spain will be there.

I'm telling you Skilly, lay down the ground rules right away with this coming Draft, or you'll be rummaging through her purse for your huevos for the rest of your days.

Hire a hot chick to meet her at the door when she's ready to move in. Propose a threesome weekend ... If she gets mad and storms off, odds are she won't be back until the draft is done. Problem solved. If she says "okay" then the draft can go unwatched ... problem solved. :D

Ummm...............no. 

Thanks for the responses fellas.  I will take all of your suggestions into consideration, except Randall's.  :D

1424051[/snapback]

Just kidding of course. :D

New computer desk..........that is a great f'n idea!  Too bad I already have one that is not in need of replacement.  :D  But maybe next year..... :D

What do ya'll think:  mall money, plus a dinner and movie?  Is that fair compensation?

1422604[/snapback]

Which option is cheaper: a 32.99$ IKEA table or mall money, dinner, and a movie?

Which option is more enjoyeable: pulling a pretty good gag on your girflriend or sitting through Sisters of the Travelling Pants?

hey you can spend your 6 hours fake working on assembling the thing and then throw it out, and it's STILL a way better option then your plan! :D

I don't tell my wife a dag gone thing when it comes to football, she just does not get it. I was firm in the begining I may budge on alot of stuff and I do...HOWEVER FOOTBALL is sacred and I will watch when I want, how I want, and most times with who I want.(the guys) and I try to be reasonable here.

You shouldn't have to give cash to watch the draft.Dinner at 7:00 is more than adequate IMO.Maybe you should lay down the ground rules for your relationship before she moves in.You are a football junkie and ain't no woman gonna change that.If she really loves you she will understand,just ask my wife. :D

1423327[/snapback]

Well said... :D

Sacrifice the day. Help her move, then take her out to dinner, listen to her, and follow it up with a snuggle on the couch while watching Princess Diaries.

:D

1423305[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:sick::sick:

Look, I've been married 32 years and my wife still doesn't understand my obsession with Football. But she excepts it.

It's gonna hurt, but you might as well take the heat now. If you don't you're Sundays will forever be HER Sundays.

Explain it as best you can, but make sure she knows that it only happens once a year (the draft) and you are going to watch it.

Explain it as best you can, but make sure she knows that it only happens once a year (the draft) and you are going to watch it.

1424510[/snapback]

I would even make it more of a "together" type of thing and possibly convince her that a HUGH nacho platter with the works, plus unlimited trips to serve you beer, and lastly, her wearing a skimpy cheerleeder outfit (just to make things more exciting) for you all day will make this one-day-of-the-year event THAT much better. :D Save cash, get served great food and spend time with your girlfriend all while watching the draft. Seems like a better plan if you ask me. :D